I've graduated !!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I've graduated !!!!! I've graduated !!!!!

Unread 12-28-2001, 05:08 PM
I've graduated !!!!!

Hooray !!! I had my last radiation treatment today ...

I am so glad that it is over.. In retrospect I can say that it was not that bad at all... In fact the internal treatments went much better than the external beam... I dont think I had any side effects with the internal .....
My back is finally getting better.. The dr ( actually Phy. assistant) called and said my bone scan looked good... BUT ( I hate that word !!) something showed up in the soft tissue... it was on the right side.. that was the side I had trouble with when my back messed up... He wanted me to take it to a dr who knew what they were looking at... so I took it to the radiation oncologist who had done the external treatments... she said that she thought it was prob scar tissue... We compared her x-rays and the bone scan... she showed me where the beam passed right through where the questionable spot was... but she is going to go over the scan with the dr who read the bone scan and see what they say... so still a bit of waiting still... but I feel pretty good about things...
I am hoping that I can get the few remaining dr appts out of the way in Jan.. and then be on a more normal schedule... I would love not to have to visit a dr every week....lol....
Hope all you ladies have a Happy New Year.... Keeping you all in my prayers ...... Sondra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2001, 06:13 PM
I've graduated !!!!!

Hi Sondra
Looks like it's time for you to celebrate! :
Isn't it truly amazing how we seem to rise to the occasion and just do
what we have to do. Inspite of the fear factor!
Not having to doctor everyweek for one reason or another is also fun.
Have a great and healthy New Year.
oxoxoxkarenann
Unread 12-28-2001, 06:25 PM
I've graduated !!!!!

Woohooo!!!!
Sondra...congrats girl!!! You did good!!
How great to be all done with the treatments. And just in time for the new year!!
Thats great, and I agree about the Dr. appts. too!!! We sure love these great people for all they have done for us, but darn its so nice we can visit them less.
Well I hope you are going to celebrate the new year and I wish you all the health and happiness in the world!!
Big Hugs for ya!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2001, 08:04 PM
I've graduated !!!!!

HOORAY FOR YOU!!

I NEVER HAD TO GO THROUGH RADIATION BUT, I WAS VERY LUCKY.
SO I CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW HOW RELIVED YOU ARE. BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT I AM SO VERY GLAD YOUR DONE.

GOOD NEWS FOR THE NEW YEAR :
Unread 12-29-2001, 10:39 AM
I've graduated !!!!!

{{Sondra}}

What wonderful news!!!

I'm so glad you're all done with your treatments and that they were a bit easier on you than expected, that's always great news!

I hope you'll do some celebrating in style for the New Years and hope you'll get more good news about the scans.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 12-29-2001, 01:10 PM
I've graduated !!!!!

This is such wonderful news!! No more treatments!! Definately reason to celebrate!! I also think that you having a good feeling about the remaining test results is a good sign too! Good luck with getting the doc's visits out of the way in January! I hope that 2002 is a very healthy and happy year for you!!!
Unread 12-29-2001, 11:26 PM
CONGRATS!

Sondra - I am so happy for you. Your new year looks BRIGHT!!
I hope that you and yours have a great celebration!
Take Care & Congrats!!! RobinS
Unread 12-30-2001, 05:40 PM
I've graduated !!!!!

Sondra, I am so glad that you are finished your treatment. That part is behind you. Now concentrate on getting all healed. much love always x x Join our post radiation club

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register