Peach fuzz | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-28-2001, 05:41 PM
Peach fuzz

Chemo was finished in mid October. By mid November my few chinny
hairs had made a quick comeback. But now I am noticing my cheeks are
covered with this peach fuzz! And I mean covered with this
fuzz. Is this a result of all those months of steroid premeds? Did anyone
else have this happen? Did it gradually go away? Is it time for Nair
facial hair removal? HELP!!!
I do realize on the grand scheme of things this complaint is very minor,
however............
I would also like to wish all my buddies on this board the healthiest and
happiest of New Years.
oxoxoxkarenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2001, 06:15 PM
Peach fuzz

Awww ((((Karen))))))
Don't worry........I think that does go away Karen.
You know how we all have hair on the sides of our face....right? Its not dark hair, but we all have it.....and remember...you lost as did I...EVERY hair on our body. So...if I remember my face was like that for a while too, until the hair is long enough to lay down.

Its not dark hair right? But the fact that every hair folicle is now growing new growth I think it comes back that way first. My head was like that too. I thought I was going to be completely grey, because when my hair started coming back it was quite white actually, and very fine and soft. Then as it got a little length it darkened up.

So..try not to worry, mine didn't stay like that for very long. I wear foundation everyday and it wasn't like I could actually pull on the hair there. I really think it will lay down and not be noticable in a few days.

Happy New to you too my friend!!! I hope you are going to do some and some to ring it it!! And may 2002 be a wonderful healthy year for us all!!!
's and 's!!
Unread 12-29-2001, 10:34 AM
Peach fuzz

{{Karen}}

Oh, do I remember that facial peach fuzz very, very well.

Unfortunately, I had to deal with that a little longer than I had expected. My face was pretty fuzzy for a month or so once everything started growing again. It now however, has calmed down and no longer stands up, ready at attention.

My head hair came back pretty much exactly how Maria's did. So gray and baby fine I was pretty freaked out by it. Once it had grown in enough to see my hairstylist I had to ask him how on earth to deal with such fine hair. Not to worry though, it did continue to grow in and is now just as full and thick as it was when it left. Whew! I really did NOT know how to work with thin hair.

Hang in there, that peachy fuzz does calm down eventually.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2001, 01:08 PM
Peach fuzz

Just remember to keep it light and not let this get to you. Peaches are very sweet and good for you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register