Still have cramps even after my hysterectomy, when will they stop? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still have cramps even after my hysterectomy, when will they stop? Still have cramps even after my hysterectomy, when will they stop?

Unread 12-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Still have cramps even after my hysterectomy, when will they stop?

I had a hysterectomy on Nov. 11th, ovaries and cervix intact. I had to be cut vertically because of the size of my uterus.

My question is: when will the cramping stop? I suffer from menstrual like cramps almost daily...and they are so bad sometimes that I have to take Vicodin to relieve them. My doctor says this is normal but does not tell me when I cannot expect them to stop.

I was suffering from terrible cramps even before my surgery, but I am really shocked and disappointing that I am still having them even after the surgery.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Re: Still have cramps even after my hysterectomy, when will they stop?

Was endometriosis found during your surgery? It seems odd that you would be cramping daily this far out from the surgery. Some ladies experience what could be called phantom cramps at the time of their cycle but yours doesn't sound like that. If you do have endometriosis, I would suggest you post in our endometriosis forum for support there. The ladies there really know what they are talking about.
Unread 12-31-2011, 03:36 PM

No endometriosis, just fibroid tumors and polyps. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep searching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2011, 04:34 PM

I had my TAH July 29th and I still occasionally get menstrual type cramps when I overdue things. I have talked to other women who experience the same
I believe as we heal it will get less
Unread 01-04-2012, 10:11 PM

That's good to know that they will decrease as I heal. Thank you for your response.
Unread 01-04-2012, 10:43 PM

Pearly, my hyst was on Nov 23, and I've had horrible period-like cramps for the last few days. No endo for me either. I can't figure out what or why I could be feeling this; most bizarre. I too hope it diminishes in time. I had to take pain pills for the first time in weeks, just to deal with them tonight.
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:01 PM

It's so frustrating. I've been pain free for the last couple of days, but I don't know how long it will last. My doctor says that it is normal, but he did not explain to me why I am having cramps or how long they will last.
Thanks for sharing with me, it helps to know that I'm not alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register