Happiness is.............. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Happiness is.............. Happiness is..............

Unread 12-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Happiness is..............

Sleeping my bed last night-was first trip up the stairs also-I slept 12 hours with only one wake up to go potty-my back is so happy to have the mattress and not the couch.

What else is making you all happy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Re: Happiness is..............

Happiness is going for walks outside in the cold, refreshing air. Happiness is my husband saying he's grateful I'm cooking and looking after him again. (He's a diabetic and has had one stroke and hopefully no more, he's been my rock despite his own health problems.) Happiness is being able to take care of him again.

Happiness is being able to offer understanding and support to others in our "boat" who are hurting and feel alone. You aren't alone. Happiness is also discovering this site and being able to "speak" freely with other women who understand what it is to be a woman, with a woman's pain and challenges, and successes.

Happiness is so many things in so many ways. I'm grateful for life. Happiness is life, on my side of the monitor, and here with all of you as I've prepared for, been through, and am recovering from, this surgery.
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:27 PM

... life without Aunt Flo and chronic pelvic pain

... being able to participate fully in activities with my family now that I'm no longer bleeding to death from physical activity.

... the smile on my husband's face

... warm house, my cat in my lap, looking forward to weight loss with increased activity, new lingerie, ...

... HysterSisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2011, 02:38 PM

The back pain I had in the mornings that made it hard to get out of bed and hard to sleep if I woke up too soon is gone. I didn't realize it was even uterus related but it must have been so big and heavy it was laying on a nerve. I'm so happy that is gone! I thought I just had a bad back.
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:29 PM

... CHOCOLATE - there are no calories in chocolate while we recover right? I hear it makes things better LOL!
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:37 PM

Chocolate does make everything better!

I just did intensive physical therapy for my back prior to surgery-it was so bad I could barely walk, had bad groin pain, couldn't lay on back. and I too am wondering if just maybe it was from my female problems??? I no longer have horrible non-stop cramp pain when laying down which was either uterus or it pushing on bladder I can tell. GOsh, I cannot WAIT to be able to ride a bike and get active for the real first time in my life!

Happiness is this website and everyone who posts on it!
(and def the creators of it as well of course!)
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:48 PM

-the love and support of my husband
-the surgery for giving me this time to get closer to my son and daughter
- the new friends I met here
-most importantly...chocolate lol
-no more pads/tampons
-a fresh new me for the new year

I feel like soon not yet
Unread 12-31-2011, 01:33 AM

Happiness is.... feeling like I have come out on the other side now and feeling just like my old pre-op. self (I felt well BEFORE my surgery - no bleeding or fibroids or anything to make me guess I needed a hysto., just a random ultrasound showed up a suspicious tumour - which was benign )

So, happiness is having come through a lot of pain during recovery, feeling hampered by what I couldn't do, since I live alone... and now being able to do it all, without pain, including getting back into my "hill-walking" exercise without any discomfort.... just not quite as fit as I was (puffing!)
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:15 AM

.....the discovery of this support group.
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:17 AM

No more PMS!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register