wait, wait, wait, going bonkers! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

wait, wait, wait, going bonkers! wait, wait, wait, going bonkers!

Unread 12-31-2011, 08:23 AM
wait, wait, wait, going bonkers!

This wait is killing me! Maybe its because my life is incredibly SLOW right now. Off this whole week, no AWANA, Sunday school, Bible study. Been concentrating on getting ready, increasing my list (things to remember just before i go!) Setting up support, i even have my peep to take me to the hospital, help distract me before the OR, hold onto my stuff till i get in a room (pillow, the big underware, pads, etc that's all packed in a bag already!) Set up one friend to come everyday after i come home for two weeks, to do what i cant (a friend is even picking up laundry 3 X's the two weeks post-op!) Making freezers meals and friends to bring meals. Rearranged dressers, so panties, pj's, etc is all in top drawer)

Soooo..... just WAIT!

I am glad starting to Tuesday my life resumes. Teaching Sunday school, AWANA, Bible study, work! I am hoping it makes days go faster! Glad to have "prep" time. But I'm anxious to get it done. Done all the prep for oversees stuff, as much as possible. Now I'm just going bonkers, with nothing left to do. Monopoly and 24 can only distract so long! I know next Sat, i will be glad for a slowdown of Saturday. But... right now, i am too prepared. Lets just do this!

Wait, wait, wait. Blah!

Impatiently waiting,
Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Re: wait, wait, wait, going bonkers!

Have i mentioned also the daily emails from Alysse in Rwanda "mum i thank God this morning for you. I am eager for you to come and go home wih you. We are ok in orphanage but miss you so much!" I don't want her to worry so she doesn't know I'm having surgery. There are things thaft need doing still before i go. We still have to wait, for certian things to happen. Bit i would probbably be going end of Jan if my hysteric wasn't scheduled for then. So its killing me to wait even more. I keep.reminding myself how.irresponsable it would be to go with these issues before resolved. It would kill me to go and have a medicinal evacuation. Or for massive bleeding on the 20 hour total flights. Yeah, this waiting is killing me!!! Things to do, daughter of my heart waiting impatiently. I she just found out as i knew she would be anxious. But now time for them to work on that end. Ugh!
Unread 12-31-2011, 04:52 PM

The waiting is the hardest part. And, please keep listening to the logical side of you that says to wait to have this done here and heal up before you go. You want to be nice and healthy for your daughter - it won't do her any good if you are not.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2012, 07:16 AM

I know, and doing just that, as hard as it is.

Love waits.

Tina
Unread 01-01-2012, 07:32 AM

I know that feeling all to well also. I've already had a hysterectomy, but I go January 5th for endo and exploratory surgery. Not sure what's been going on, but do know that I have chocolate cysts on both ovaries. My doctor is going to try and clean everything up and leave my ovaries. I have a great support system, my husband! My mom usually helps out, but she fell and broke her ankle three weeks ago, almost died the same week from CO2 poisoning and then the next week had a slight heart attack, talked about bad timing for me! I thought about changing my surgery so I could continue to help my dad with her, but my husband won't let me. So until the 5th I wait.......
Unread 01-01-2012, 07:46 AM

So sorry to hear about your mom! I am.glad you have lots of support! Hopefully this is my last surgery. I had my gallbladder taken out and my tonsils (at 22!) And really the worst of the two was my tonsils. (Go figure!) I woke up one night with a steadtly stream of blood pouring from my mouth one week post op. I called 911, and the paramedics kept yelling at me to stop sticking my fingers down my throat to pull out the blood clot. Ummm.... blood clotting in my throat dudes, kinds chokes a person! Hoping this is more like my gallbladder. I was up walking around the next day only needing Mortin. Though it seems this is more recovery. Hoping my last! Not sure much else can be taken anyways.

I pray you have a easy recovery and it is uneventful. Also that your mom has a quick recovery as well. And that 2012 is a year of great health!

Tina
Unread 01-01-2012, 10:29 AM

Wyman, sorry about your mom.

Waiting is so hard. And the strange stuff you think of can freak you out yet for most, the surgery isn't that hard.

Make sure you have plenty of stuff to keep you busy once you are forced to quit running around. I have been knitting and organizing recipes. I really should tackle pics but I'm really not the scrapbook type.
Unread 01-01-2012, 10:58 AM

UntotheLeast, is there a way for them to move your surgery up? Just a question...I was able to have my surgery scheduled earlier than first considered. I told my Dr. about my apprehensiveness over waiting and he asked his scheduling gal to get me in asap. I only had to wait about 3 weeks total after decision was made. Just a suggestion, although it sounds like you have a lot of scheduling set around your current date and it might be difficult to rearrange all that help...I understand your anxiousness, once I make a decision to do anything, I want to do it NOW!
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:12 AM

my doctors office let me choose in between 2 dates.i still dont understand why you're havin to wait a whole month before surgery.have you asked them why that long?is it insurance purposes or does dr.only do surgery on a couple of days a month?i think i'd call and see why the wait.i wanted to do surgery immediately and i basically had to wait around 2 weeks maybe a little less.
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:22 AM

I called and talked to the scheduling nurse. She said that the OR was booked up and she would see if she could have it done sooner and would.call me back if they could bump it up, and never did call back. So i assumed she couldn't. I feel like i have been bugging em like crazy! I guess i shouldn't feel bad but do! If they could do it tomorrow i would do it. The sooner the better. A month does feel like forever! Esp to remain in pain till then. :/ But, i am just glad there is relief in sight and it will happen by the end of THIS month at most.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register