Scared, Partial Hysterectomy Needed, Young & No Kids - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared, Partial Hysterectomy Needed, Young & No Kids Scared, Partial Hysterectomy Needed, Young & No Kids

Unread 01-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Re: Scared, Partial Hysterectomy Needed, Young & No Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacha32 View Post
I really appreciate both of you giving me much needed insight. I know that I don't want kids right now, but that could change once I get married and settle down. I could continue the "watch and wait" for another year or two, with the hopes of meeting someone special, but that's not a guarantee either. I'm going to peruse some of the other forums, too. Thanks so much!
Good luck to you and happy new year things have a way of working out as they should.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2012, 06:46 PM

Yes, you are right. Thank you! So glad I found this website. Happy New Year to you as well. I'm praying this will be a healthy year for me.
Unread 01-01-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd2491 View Post
.... The reason I say all of this is that I'm here to tell you that it is possible to carry a baby to term with fibroids. (My sister did it as well.) Has the doctor said it is unwise to try to become pregnant? Neither my sister nor I thought we couldn't do it, so we just did it. I have had a couple of miscarriages, but no one ever said it was because I had fibroids.

I've also dealt with the awful bleeding, and yes -- I just wanted it to stop. But if you are really still wanting children, I would not have a hysterectomy until each treatment has been tried or ruled out. At that time, you can consider other options for parenthood if it is still important to you.
I never meant to imply pregnancy with fibroids was not possible. I became pregnant with them. The doctor never implied my miscarriage was due to the fibroids either. If my story gave that impression, I apologize.

What my doctor did say prior to my myomectomy was that my fibroids - penduculated submucosal - were very large and acting as an IUD and because of them I wouldn't have become pregnant. We had been trying for 3 years without success while my doctors at the time told me my problems would go away once I became pregnant.

Once the penduculated fibroids were removed and I was given the go ahead by the doctor to attempt pregnancy, I did become pregnant fairly soon. Unfortunately, at the time of my miscarriage I was 39 years old and I was told that I once again had some large fibroids inside my uterus. Nine years of sex without contraception and I never got pregnant again. At 47, all things considered, I felt the hysterectomy was my best choice.

AT YOUR AGE and hoping to have children, I would have tried other viable options in order to preserve my fertility. The trick is figuring out what is viable. I know the deep muscle fibroids are tricky and ablation is not always effective.

Again - Best of Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2012, 11:01 PM

Thx McLila. I didn't get that impression. You are totally right..my fibroids are tricky. Exact words from my doc! He doesn't think UFE/ablation will be effective...says it will only buy me time. He says he's not sure I could even get pregnant with my current condition. Maybe...maybe not. Appreciate your post!
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:34 PM

Hey Chacha - went back and re-read some of the older posts a little more carefully. I noticed that you do not currently have a partner and thought I would share my sister's story - I'm sure she won't mind.

My sister ended a long term relationship with a guy when she was in her mid-30's because she wanted kids and he didn't. She's now 45, never met "Mr. Right" and now finds she really likes being single. She's since embraced the Seattle single scene with a vengeance and indulges my step-daughter and nieces - sometimes beyond the patience of their parents.

She also has had fibroid problems and went through a lot to keep her uterus. She still has hers and is currently problem free, but now in early menopause. Oh the irony.

What you are going through is not easy and I wish you all the best. I hope that whatever you eventually decide to do that you have no regrets.

(((HUGS))) again.
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:38 PM

Thank u McLila. After much thought, research and prayer, I've decided to get a LSH. My doc called me this morning and we talked again in detail. This is the best option for ME. As you stated, he said my situation is tough. Docs always want to give their patients options, but I don't have that many at this point. I have a strong faith and I know God doesn't make mistakes. I had another "episode" tonight while eating at a restaurant. It was awful when I stood up. Luckily, I was wearing two pads. I just want to be healthy and live a normal life again. Your posts have been very uplifting. I will let you know my surgery date. Also, did you experience weight gain or loss after hyster? I'm only having my uterus removed. Thx, McLila!
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:56 PM

Chacha - You are very welcome. Glad I could be of help.

Oh, how I hated those moments and I'm grateful they will never be a part of my life again. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything goes smoothly.

LOL - It's only been 6 weeks - almost 7 - since my hyster, so I can't say much about the weight gain or loss yet, but I'm hoping to be able to shed some pounds. for the record my weight was the same at my 6 week appointment as it was the day of surgery. I've not been very active for a while due to the heavy bleeding and much increased bleeding when active. Now, period freed, I'm hoping to get back into a more active life and get rid of the excess I've accumulated. It isn't going to be easy - I've become accustomed to being a couch potato and cat furniture.

I'm only a click away if you ever want to 'chat', and there are a whole host of others here with great advice and a sympathetic ear.

Cheers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register