lost it... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Re: lost it...

It is comforting to see Im not the only one who has these feelings. That makes it all seem a little better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2012, 04:09 PM

I am new to all this. Mine is scheduled for the 19th so I can relate to the stress. I deal with stress by getting everything in order too cleaning, organizing etc. It can be frustrating when others don't get it. Remember to take time to get things ready for you and your stay. I hope everything goes well for you!!
Unread 01-01-2012, 04:16 PM

It is comforting to see Im not the only one who has these feelings. That makes it all seem a little better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2012, 04:24 PM

Mine was 10 days before Christmas. I was so afraid that everything would fall apart at the house if I wasn't right on top of things. I PROMISE though....it will all fall into place. I am still recovering and the house is still standing! Just let others pamper you and focus on your recovery once your are home and for now....relax and know that everything will be ok.
Unread 01-01-2012, 05:26 PM

My surgery is the day after tomorrow. Yesterday I cried several times. I really do think it's the stress of the impending surgery. It's even harder dealing with it on top of the holidays. I'm not overly nervous as this will be the 5th time I have had Gyn surgery but nonetheless, it is stressful.

As someone who has been through this several times, my experience has been it is very common to 'lost it' at least once post-op as well. Nerves, hormones, stress...it all adds up. Good luck to everyone!
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:39 AM

It helps to hear i'm not the only one... wishing you all easy surgery & quick recovery.
Thanks for listening & sharing your story.
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:24 AM

Lots of positive energy and well wishes to you!! You will make it through this!! Hugs!
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandspice View Post
Hi ladies. The waiting is really the hardest part! I too freaked out before surgery trying to get everything done at work and at home. It's very overwhelming. Add to that the doubts about whether I was doing the right thing, and what will I feel like afterwards. All I did was cry. Even though I'm a neat freak, trust me, I couldn't care less about the dust and dirty laundry post op. You are strong, amazing women. You can do this! We'll see you on the other side.
Im also starting to worry if im doing the right thing. How did you get passed this?
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:40 PM

Honey I'm sorry to say that @ 6 months post op I still haven't got past it. I just do my best each day.

All you can do is trust in your doctor, get a second opinion and do your research. There are a lot of unknowns with this surgery. I didn't even know if I was keeping my ovaries when I was wheeled into OR. And I didn't know if there was adenomyosis until a couple weeks after my uterus was removed. We don't know if we'll recover fast or slowly, when we can return to work... The list goes on. At some point you need to put all those worries and what if's aside and trust in yourself, or your doctor, or in God that you are doing the right thing. I wish you the best :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register