anyone in their 20s or early 30s - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone in their 20s or early 30s anyone in their 20s or early 30s

Unread 01-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Re: anyone in their 20s or early 30s

Jennywu, That must be horrible. I am sure it really made your child's birth bittersweet. I hope you have good support system around you that you can epress a myriad (I can only imagine) of feelings to. I truly acknowledge how hurt and sad you must feel. ((((( HUGS )))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywu View Post
I am 30 and just had an emergency hysterectomy due to postpartum hemorrhage after my c section. I am very sad and tearful.
I am so sorry to hear this. I almost had one after my c-section. They were finally able to get the bleeding under control while they were getting the operating team back together. If the anesthesiologist wouldn't have been busy with a woman in labor I would have had one then.

I think it may have been better to have just had it done then. I had such heavy painful bleeding afterwards it landed me back in the OR just 7 months later for a TAH but only after causing depression and sever anemia. I even had to stay in the hospital an extra day after my son was born b/c the bleeding was so heavy and the pain was so intense they couldn't take me off the pain pump for 3 days.
Unread 01-05-2012, 10:59 PM
anyone in their 20s or early 30s

Hello my dear! Hugs to you! I know for me going into surg I was petrified! My partner and I have only been together for 5 years, we are both previously divorced, have a blended family of 4 amazing girls but it has been a rocky road and I am incredibly active in our daily functioning. The best thing that I did for myself pre op was get the ebook "the worried woman's Guide to the happy hysterectomy" that helped a lot in sorting out some emotions. I found out the day of my surgery that my hubby read it also as it was saved on my laptop. When I was in being prepped for my op I could hear a very scared woman in the stall across from me talking to her mom. I remember promising myself I would visit her afterwards and see how she was holding out. When I got out of surgery I remember feeling great, I was sore but determined. Since her and I have become friends and still keep in touch. But the friendship that we developed helped me to realize that I was ready for this surg. Since I have been home I have found the goddesses within, no longer having to worry about long term pain, embarrassing bleeding moments in public, I will finally be able to swim with my daughters and enjoy out new boat and water with my family. Camping, hiking, horseback riding, all the things I loved as a pre pubecent child I can once again take part in. And then it happened... My first shower after my surgery when I got home I stood in the shower and realized I have nothing holding me back! And I am sexier than ever because of it! We have been given an opportunity at a new lease on life! Yes our bodies may be a bit different but with this site, and the dreams we had about the freedom from our ailments. Our scars are to be proud of, a war wound of our womanhood, they make us stronger and show what we are willing to endure to tackle a better life we know we deserve. Chin up darlin! You have been given an amazing opportunity free of your past weights and burdens! We have all found this site to help us grow and find support and together with each other we will all find ways to ease our Tummies, rest our tired minds and connect across the globe with others in the same boat as us. I hope with all my heart you are able to look at yourself in the mirror and see what I can see! Xox hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:08 PM

I'm 34 and I was so BLESSED to be a teen mom! I went to college full time, worked 30+ hours per week and was a single mom. I am also blessed to now be married to a wonderful man for 12+ years. But I still had MAJOR fears since this surgery was recommended to me when I was only 22. I delayed for as long as possible and now my only regret is not doing it sooner! I was seriously afraid that I would not be able to orgasm. But I just found out that sex is better than ever!!! If you don't want kids, then my personal recommendation would be to get it done ASAP! I kept 1 ovary and I feel more hormonally balanced than ever. That is just my personal experience. Good luck!
Unread 01-06-2012, 12:29 AM

How long until the one remaining ovary balances everything out? My Dr left one as I cannot do HRT. ???
Unread 01-06-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal84 View Post
I'm 27 and extremely worried what this surgery might do to my health being so young. That's always been my main concern.
I was diagnosed with endo about 5 years ago but the pain started years before. After every hormone treatment and 2 surgerys I would have given anything to take away my pain. I'm still recovering so I'm not sure if ill be all better after or not. But I'm staying positive and hopefully this is the answer to my prayers.
I am looking for others who have had this done so young and what your experiences have been with it. Thanks and hugs to all you ladies out there
Hi my name is Aby and I'm only 22yrs old. I'm 6 months post op. I had a quick recovery considering I had an abdominal hysterectomy. It's been a relieve to me I'm not in pain any more an my life has changed for the better. Keep staying positive
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:38 AM

Hey ladies. I am 29. Have 4 kids, married. All that jazz. I Had a LaVH, december 19th. kept ovaries, he took uterus cervix and all things womanly. =/ I have had a pretty slow recovery. Felt great at the end of week 2. Then. Bam. Weird pains, super tired, stupid hot flashes, and now I'm having discharge that smells something god aweful. I have to call the dr about that. I surely hope it's not an infection brewing. I have been so good about the nothing inside of the vagina rule, so I just don't get it!!

I just want to feel better and move on!! Everyone was all about helping and as soon as I started feeling better, I guess it made everyone think I was done healing, because now I get minimal help, if at all. I don't know how long this is going to take, but I sure hope I can get back to life here soon, and I def hope I don't have any infection!!

Good luck ladies, we just need to stay positive and keep ourselves healthy so we can say we feel great months down the road!!
Unread 01-07-2012, 04:59 PM

I'm 33yrs old, and had my TVh on 11/10/11, and it was the best decision that I could have ever made. My health has been getting better. I still have my ovaries, and I have hot flashed off and on but nothing else. Someone asked me if I felt "empty" because I no longer have a uterus, I told them not at all. If it werent for the fact that I no longer have a period, I think I would forget that I had surgery. I just worry about the need for hormones a little earlier than expected, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it
Unread 01-07-2012, 05:28 PM

Hi im 27 and nearly 10 wks post tah had everythink remove but one ovarie. Its getting better slwoly for me i have 3 girls all born by c section
Unread 01-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizy View Post
Hello my dear! Hugs to you! I know for me going into surg I was petrified! My partner and I have only been together for 5 years, we are both previously divorced, have a blended family of 4 amazing girls but it has been a rocky road and I am incredibly active in our daily functioning. The best thing that I did for myself pre op was get the ebook "the worried woman's Guide to the happy hysterectomy" that helped a lot in sorting out some emotions. I found out the day of my surgery that my hubby read it also as it was saved on my laptop. When I was in being prepped for my op I could hear a very scared woman in the stall across from me talking to her mom. I remember promising myself I would visit her afterwards and see how she was holding out. When I got out of surgery I remember feeling great, I was sore but determined. Since her and I have become friends and still keep in touch. But the friendship that we developed helped me to realize that I was ready for this surg. Since I have been home I have found the goddesses within, no longer having to worry about long term pain, embarrassing bleeding moments in public, I will finally be able to swim with my daughters and enjoy out new boat and water with my family. Camping, hiking, horseback riding, all the things I loved as a pre pubecent child I can once again take part in. And then it happened... My first shower after my surgery when I got home I stood in the shower and realized I have nothing holding me back! And I am sexier than ever because of it! We have been given an opportunity at a new lease on life! Yes our bodies may be a bit different but with this site, and the dreams we had about the freedom from our ailments. Our scars are to be proud of, a war wound of our womanhood, they make us stronger and show what we are willing to endure to tackle a better life we know we deserve. Chin up darlin! You have been given an amazing opportunity free of your past weights and burdens! We have all found this site to help us grow and find support and together with each other we will all find ways to ease our Tummies, rest our tired minds and connect across the globe with others in the same boat as us. I hope with all my heart you are able to look at yourself in the mirror and see what I can see! Xox hugs!

Wow! After reading this post I have tears in my eyes. For many different reasons. But you are so right! I have prayed for years to have a life again and this is my opportunity. Some days I'm ready to start a new and others I'm struck with grief. Its been a crazy road so far. Thank you so much for this post! It touched my heart. I'm so thankful this site and all you wonderful woman out there! I just hope I can help someone like you have all helped me. I'm glad I have folks out there that get it. May god bless you and many big hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register