Are you taking it easy enough post-op? - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are you taking it easy enough post-op? Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Unread 01-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Re: Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

I'm two weeks today. I'm also feeling good. Having some clear watery discharge few times a day. Not worry about it, I think its part of the recovery
I also cant sit still. I'm not walking. I do everything I want to like laundry, shopping, cleaning making dinner etc. Feel guilty being on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mels123 View Post
I'm two weeks today. I'm also feeling good. Having some clear watery discharge few times a day. Not worry about it, I think its part of the recovery
I also cant sit still. I'm not walking. I do everything I want to like laundry, shopping, cleaning making dinner etc. Feel guilty being on here.
Don't feel guilty. Just take it easy and listen to your body. If you're good then that is good.
Unread 01-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SWEET42 View Post
I am 5 weeks out, and I returned back to work after two weeks. After my two week check-up I started bleeding heavily. Called the doctors office after about a week and they assured me that it was normal. Right now I'm not bleeding as heavy but i still have some spotting and discharge and back pain from sitting up at work. I also have some shortgage of breath at times. Could this be a sign that I am doing too much too soon. I'm not scheduled to see my doctor again until the 27th of this month. Hope I'm healing good. Should I just stay home until my doctors appointment?
I'd call the doc and try to get in this week. Just to make sure everything is ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 02:18 PM

I can totally relate to this post, thanks for the reminder Beth L!! I'm in my 3rd week of recovery and went back to work after 16 days off.

It was only a 4 day work week after the NY holiday.. but somewhere during that work week I forgot I was in recovery. by the time the weekend came around I really over did it with working, shopping, walking and even going to the gym and doing the bike for 30 minutes.

I'm used to having endless energy and not being tired, and never listening to my body. I'm now on a flexible work schedule no more than 8 hrs per day and in the evenings I go straight to the couch.. feeling better this week already.. but boy do I wish I weren't so ambitious last week! hang in there sisters, we only have one chance to heal properly.
Unread 01-11-2012, 02:21 PM

Sorry, wrong forum and I don't see a delete option.
Unread 01-11-2012, 03:53 PM

I am about 8 weeks post op now, and no I don't think I did, not with a special needs 4 year old to care for as well.

She kindly jumped right on my stomach today, near the scar. On the plus side I am 8 weeks and she didn't do it when i was 3 weeks or something, but it still hurt, right now it is tender again like it was about a month ago!!!! Hoping no damage was done.
Unread 01-11-2012, 04:02 PM

Spotsandginger

I get pains more on the left, not sure why one side over the other.
Also my Pharmacist told me she had it done years ago and went back to work after 2 weeks and had so much scare tissue they had to go back in. I am trying so hard not to do anything to cause me problems down the road, though I know somethings may be out of my control.
Unread 01-11-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2s3xi3 View Post
I understand!!! I'm already feeling I won't be ready to return to work 2/8. I'm hoping I can get my doctor to extend it out for another 2 weeks. I'm nervous about going back to work. I walked to the mailbox and I was tired and dizzy after that. So I guess time will tell.
I have been thinking if I go back and am not ready I will take more time. I have never taken medical leave before so I have alot of time built up. Maybe I will feel better by then I just dont want to push it and end up hurting myself.
It is so nice to talk to people who knows how your feeling
Unread 01-11-2012, 04:16 PM

I know i Bern trying my best not to do anything. However, today I've been dizzy and my legs feel like they are about to give out. So I'm in bed. Hopefully it will go away
Unread 01-11-2012, 04:16 PM

I felt so good at first that I was a wee bit careless. I had a couple of real scares, the kind that make you go, "Oh, <expletive deleted!>" Fortunately, despite my slaphappy optimism I'm ok now. I was honest with my doctor and with her continued care I'm back to what I consider "normal" for my age and condition, and with some new considerations for moving on physically and emotionally and socially and in the work force, but I remember how it felt to think, "Oh NO, how do I explain this to my husband, to my doctor, to the people who are counting on me to be better" incidents that made me breathless with pain and more than a little fear. Be good to you! It isn't asking too much to ask for help, to ask for assistance, to ask for reassurance.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register