Are you taking it easy enough post-op? - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are you taking it easy enough post-op? Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Unread 01-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Re: Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Well, I thought I was taking it easy but I vomited while I was brushing my teeth. Not sure what that means. Now I feel weak and just wanna lay down. I was going to go in living room but not happening right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soully View Post
ok i had a great day(chilled but made my own lunch and took a shower) and then tonight...AWFUL pain! It was as if someone suddenly hit me in the stomach....took 2 dilauted, 4 ibprofen and a muscle relaxer before it helped.....on day 22......

ANY one else have this sneak up on ya?
YES... what the heck! In the shower I suddenly felt like someone hit my tailbone with a baseball bat!

Couch, heatpad, motrin....
Unread 01-13-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2s3xi3 View Post
Ok, so I walked to mailbox and now I'm dizzy and tired. Trying to figure out why I'm dizzy from the short 5 min (if that) walk. This happen yesterday I believe my dizziness started after I went to mailbox. I'm not taking my prescribed pain meddle anymore. So not sure what is going on. Has anyone else experience this?
Something similar happened to me... I thought I might have been a bit anxious/nervous about being outside the first time. It happened in the grocery store too. Could also be a bit of hormone pressure?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2012, 10:48 AM

I am 32 days post-op and returned to work Monday, at not quite 4 weeks.

Sunday, I slept in my bed for the first time. I had been on the couch because it was just easier to roll of the side. Also, I am a side sleeper, and as you all know, that hurts at first! So the couch kept me from rolling to my side.

But last night, I was back to walking slow and had a constant pain in my stomach. I could not sleep and moved back to the couch. And I have also been having shooting pains, is the best way I can explain them. Also, under my incision has been itching like crazy!

Like I read somewhere, it's like I'm entering a new phase of healing, even at 4-plus weeks post-op!
Unread 01-13-2012, 11:06 AM

4 weeks today too and I've only managed like 4 nights in the bed. I'm a stomach/side sleeper and the couch or recliner feels so much better. Maybe that's why I have insomnia.
Unread 01-13-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1970 View Post
I"m 28 days today, I think. Yes, last night I was SUPER uncomfortable, no matter how I laid or sat my tummy hurt in a completely new way and I did not like it. It was more on one side too. This was a definate first for me, rough night-but I'm chalking it up to moving a dog crate and mopping.
Mopping is a definite no-no, I hear. I did something bad went I pulled a pair of wet jeans out of the washer the other day. Very frustrating when you feel like you've turned a corner pain-wise and think you can do more stuff...
Unread 01-13-2012, 11:46 AM

Guess this is why they say weeks 3 and 4 are so hard. In our minds it seems as if we should be able to do more and then we try and somethings are fine, somethings are sneaky and hit us hard!

Just went to the field where we let our dogs off leash and run like mad. I announced "NAP TIME" as we came home. Goodness I'm nausious!
Couch, gingerale, ice pack.....

SO thankful for all who posted!!

Helps me not feel so alone and not dwell on the crudiness of being awake most of the night, tossing & turning...well, as much as ya can Freezing my hubby out at night with the fan going during winter...good thing he loves me

Happy healing Sisters XXOO
Guess its time for more movies~ urgh!
Unread 01-13-2012, 01:30 PM

I knew I shouldn't mop, I did it as gently as I could thinking how I shouldn't be doing the entire time-ugh, I just could not let dog pee sit in my house all day long.

So when we do things: like I just cleaned out the fridge/washed shelves, then did dishes, my belly hurts-but I know we can't sit around and do nothing, but I imagine we just must get passed the pain and continue to do a little here and there or how will we ever get back into the swing of things??? I am just confused for some reason here at week #4 as to what I can do, what I should feel while/after doing it, etc. REALLY looking forward to the day we all wake up and feel 100% for a full 24 hours.

Unread 01-13-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I knew I shouldn't mop, I did it as gently as I could thinking how I shouldn't be doing the entire time-ugh, I just could not let dog pee sit in my house all day long.

So when we do things: like I just cleaned out the fridge/washed shelves, then did dishes, my belly hurts-but I know we can't sit around and do nothing, but I imagine we just must get passed the pain and continue to do a little here and there or how will we ever get back into the swing of things??? I am just confused for some reason here at week #4 as to what I can do, what I should feel while/after doing it, etc. REALLY looking forward to the day we all wake up and feel 100% for a full 24 hours.

Well we are all different. I am recovering from prolapse surgery so I am not going to get passed pain to do anything. Any extra pressure on my tissues is not going to help my recovery... actually once my stitches dissolve is probably more of a crucial period for me as scar tissue needs to then form/strengthen/take over for the dissolving stitches. I have heard that this is from weeks 4 - 12 (approx). At 12 weeks I am starting to see my pelvic floor physiotherapist again. I need to strengthen my pelvic floor before life can resume back to normal or my new normal - I will always have to live with lift restrictions now.
Unread 01-13-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:

Ditto here. Four weeks out definitely beats 4 days, though!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register