Are you taking it easy enough post-op? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are you taking it easy enough post-op? Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Unread 01-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Re: Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

I feel I spend more time/days laying/resting than doing much-I have had a few moves that I felt and knew were wrong, so I try to be more careful. I am week 3, so far I clean bathrooms, fold laundry, wash dishes, cook very lite meals for myself only. I'm off till at least then end of Jan.

I mostly over did it when spouse comment my arms were not broken-grrr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2012, 11:56 AM

Well, my boyfriend said he wanted to yell at me but didn't becuz he feels I have done too much. It doesn't appear that way to me but I'm here by myself most of the day and I gotta eat and go to bathroom. I have had some company and I went to sit in the living room on sofa, but didn't think I was doing too much. I am having some back pain, a twinge of pain on my right size and dizziness. My doctor told me to lay down and maybe try a different position. My blood pressure is a little higher than normal but Dr said nothing to worry about right now. So I have gotten up to get me oatmeal Becuz I haven't had a bowel movement since Sunday. So I'm hoping that will get something moving. I plan to stay in bed today and relax, watch tv and sleep. Glad to know I'm not along
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:04 PM

I found sitting up too long is tiring too.

I am at 3 weeks. It is very difficult to still be lying around but I do. I don't want to be incapacitated any longer than I have to be.

So I had originally planned to go into the office today and do a little work. I own my own business so can do what I want about it. I have decided I'm not going today. Yesterday, hubby and I went shopping. It's a 1 hr ride to Costco. I walked (should have scootered) through the whole store. Then went to the regular grocery and walked through it. Since it wasn't our normal store but the one on the way home from Costco we weren't as familiar with it and had to keep backtracking.

I got home last night and could hardly stand up. So today is another day in front of the TV knitting. Oh, and I slept in pretty good too. Remember to pamper the princess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2012, 12:27 PM

I will do that. I'm matching greys anatomy right now and of course on here chatting. I was feeling a little lonely but chatting with you all is helping. Unfortunately, I've lost some friends but I guess their not true friends if they let little petty things get in the way and I miss my babies. I have 2 yorkies and this is the first time that we have been apart. However, I'm trying to just relax and take care of my and my abdomen.
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:28 PM

Hi sisters!

This healing is a balancing process and I find the week-to-week improvement more realistic than day-to-day expectations. I am on Day 19 of my healing. Still having a thin discharge (where I feel like I wet myself a little bit -- more of a thin trickle and I kept thinking it was coming from my bladder but really it's probably from my vagina) and I get tired/sore too. Sitting can be a bear. But my energy is up, particularly in the earlier part of the day. I'm crashing by 8-8:30 every night and last night I was in bed almost 12 hours! I didn't sleep the whole time but overall got 10-11 hours. I NEVER sleep that long and am so grateful I'm able to do it now. My body really needs it.

Throughout the day I keep shifting around since that seems good for me. I've been bad a couple of times, including this morning. My hubby went back to work today, and my college-age son was asleep upstairs so I let the dogs out the back sliding door. It had gotten very cold the night before and the door was stuck. I very carefully forced it open, trying to keep my body close and to move slowly and I didn't feel any protests other than being a little sore afterwards. But that was stupid; I won't do it again. I can just tell what's asking too much. We put all this time and energy into growing new, healthy tissue in there. Let's not jeopardize it ladies! Right now I'm doing laundry but all I do is the sorting/putting into the machine and moving it in little bits to the dryer. Someone else is getting it out and bringing it up, and then I can fold it. Small steps!
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:06 PM

I too wonder if I am doing too much as well. I have to young kids ages 7 and 3 that go to school, 1 full time 5 days a week in the other 2 days a week. I drive them around as needed I've been doing grocery shopping, even a trip to bj's, cleaning the house laundry. I try not to lift too much but I seem to be bending all the time between the kids, the 2 dogs and 2 cats. I am 3 weeks today and it has been a rough evening for me. I've been sitting with ice packs on my tummy and heating pad on my back... both areas seem to be cramping an uncomfortable and causing me some pain. perhaps that is my sign to slow down, do a little less and take it easy. :-\

kim
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:07 PM

Following orders today. Shower, two hour nap, watched a movie, and read an entire book. Here's to healing with no more whoops moments!
Unread 01-04-2012, 09:17 AM

I pretty much laid down all day yesterday. Probably will do same today. My post op appt is Friday and I'm anxious to see why right is tender and a little sore more so than my left side. I did have a two bm's yesterday. So hopefully that will continue today. Just gonna try to take it easy.
Unread 01-04-2012, 09:54 AM

I know I have really over done it I have pain now on both sides can not wait till my ulter sound Monday and results on Friday is it kind of wrong of me to hope they put me back in the hospital so I can have some me time in all this! so far itès been everybody elses wants needs and desires I just want sleep I feel Ièm getting worse not better, My husband thinks it is my way of trying to get out of work around the house cause when I came home I was cleaning cooking and caring for our 3 kids now all I want to do is hide under my blanket thank God I stopped bleeding 7 days ago Oh my surgery was on the 22 of Nov, and now I realize I royally messed up I undid my one time to heal to try to prove to my fam. I was a wimp,, everyone told me I was so strong I just wanted to have them be right or they told me it wasn't as bad as I thought ggggr foolish me! Want to hide from the world for a year!!
Unread 01-04-2012, 10:08 AM

I kind of have the feeling like I've been over doing it. I've been reading the posts from my surgery date thread and thinking "oh my goodness I'm doing a lot of driving, going to bj's, going to the grocery store to shop, laundry, cleaning, cooking driving my kids back and forth to school and wherever else we need to go (they are 3 and 7). um yeah I think I'm doing too much. my husband even said you're getting around a lot better than I thought you would and a lot quicker than I thought you would, I'm 3 weeks out yesterday. I'm a stay at home mom and I don't have a lot of family in the area to help me so what else am I supposed to do? I try to sit and rest when I can, I find that at night I'm shot and I'm hurting... all I want to do is sleep. and then I go to bed and what happens... I can't sleep.

the 1 thing I really tried to not do is lift whenever possible, but again I have a 3 year old and sometimes I can't help it. also have a 10 year old boston terrier who can't make it up and down the stairs so from time to time when he's really whining I do lift him only because he has seizures and I don't want him to get too upset.

there are moments when I actually feel okay and I think that's when I push it the most. when they say 2 steps forward 3 steps back they ain't kidding.

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register