Are you taking it easy enough post-op? - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are you taking it easy enough post-op? Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Unread 01-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Re: Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinatas View Post
davinci from what i've heard is best way to go.i wish i could've did that one instead of tah.stomach has finally quit hurting along with torn vaginal muscle.ladies-dont try to push vacummn cleaner you will suffer just like straight out of surgery,i promise you.i still have to take tylenol pm to sleep all night thru though.been having menopausal symptoms even though i kept ovaries
I'm sorry that happened to you! What a nightmare!

Yesterday I didn't lie down in the afternoon (I was standing and sitting all day) and by evening I was very sore with swelly belly.
I will do rest lying down this afternoon!

Be good patients everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2012, 10:04 AM

I hit 4 weeks yesterday. I'm up to walking 3 miles a day, 5 days a week now.

I'm doing all the usual chores and shopping, no sweeping mopping or vacuuming.

Between week 3 and 4 some days I would feel good and some days I had NO energy. On the days I had no energy I would just rest and not walk that day.

I am more emotional and anxious even though I kept my ovaries and I am waking up with drenching sweats.

Still no spotting but I do get huge swelly belly every day.
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:28 AM

Hi. Davinci is the name brand of the roboto used to perform robot assisted laproscopic surgeries-they also use it for heart and other types of surgeries-it is said to give the surgeon a much more magnified viewing much more detailed than the naked eye, and also more precise cutting and sutchering than human hands alone can do-at least that is how my Dr. and all my research described it. The odd part is that the Dr. is controlling the "robot" with things on his hands/fingers from across the room from you-you are on a table/ head tilted down many feet away from the "surgeon" or person operating the robot, though there are other staff next to you like anesthesia, RN, etc. You have quite a team in there with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2012, 10:28 AM

I am glad you posted this. It helps us all think about it again. I think I had started down the path of getting a little to confident with my actions. More rest this afternoon!
Unread 01-24-2012, 11:17 AM

Thank you for sharing all of your experiences! It makes me feel so much better. I have purposely been trying to force myself to go easy with the hopes that in the long run, my recovery will be quicker. I establish daily goals for myself, i.e.: getting in/ out of bed on my own, taking a shower, and one trip up/ down stairs per day. I am a very active person who typically takes care of everything household wise, so to say this is a challenge is an understatement. My philosophy, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!"
Unread 01-24-2012, 12:51 PM

Good reading everyone. Had 2.5 hr nap yesterday so kind if expected to get up this am and be raring to go....not. Got up with the family for about 5 min, very dizzy, so laid down again and woke up when hubby came home at 12:30...., still tired and a bit sore. Yep baby steps girls. Listen to your body. This site is awesome for daily reminders of that.
Unread 01-24-2012, 02:54 PM

hi all,

to be 100% honest I am feeling like this whole " get out and walk" thing is just a bad joke or misunderstood directions!

Holy Moly am I worn to the bone from walking for about an hour today.I have been working up to it...did 45 the other day but on the way home PAIN made a very grand entrance!

Pings and various pains, soreness, stiffness and light headed...on and on. Oh my goodness....4 weeks and bad to mega pain meds,belly band and my ole faithful couch! ugh and zzzzzzzzzzzz
Unread 01-24-2012, 03:00 PM

Soully, take it easy. Walking for an hour 4 weeks out is a bit much. If you want to walk for an hour a day try to break it up into 10 - 15 minutes at a time. I walked a mile today, it took me 25 min. Your endurance will return, but it will take time.

Now go put your feet up. Hystersister orders. ;-)
Unread 01-24-2012, 03:02 PM

BethL,

pouty face~ Yes Ma'am......

<3 ya 2!
Unread 01-24-2012, 03:20 PM

dearb soully for your surgery date you are doing too much.my dr. said no strenous stomach exercise for 3 months after surgery. he did tell me to make sure i took a woman's daily vitamin and at least 2-3 glasses of milk if i didnt take citracal.i think that walking has more with losing all that after surgery gas. they do say the more you walk the easier you heal but i dont agree with this.i started back to work 1 day a week at 3 weeks out.i wish i would've taken whole 6 weeks out cause i took longer to heal and in my dr's opinion i was fast healer. i got plenty of walks at work where i work as a waitress.try to take ibuprofen as an anti-inflammatory this really helps with swelly belly and i could tell major difference when i didnt take them. but at 4 weeks, you're still in for a lot of uncomfortable pain and a lot of discomforts.but eventually it slowly goes away

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register