Are you taking it easy enough post-op? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are you taking it easy enough post-op? Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Unread 01-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Re: Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

love love love the ice pack in the binder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2012, 09:01 AM

I didn't go with a girdle because I wasn't sure I wanted to be pulling things on and off. I know my Spanx take like 4 people and a crowbar to get on and off and that's when I'm not sore.

Now that being said the binder has a few flaws. It takes me a few minutes to get it pulled nice and tight and the Velcro lines up and closed. Also, the binder rolls. It gives me the support though to have my belly feel not so heavy.
Unread 01-09-2012, 02:00 PM

My stomach is sometimes still heavy & I'm post op 6 wks.
I understand from my GP this is telling us we need to rest & will go down if we do
Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2012, 02:12 PM

binder sounds similar to a back support brace?

I just realized my body/abdomen hurting after doing anything is much more tolerable if I take a pain pill-stopped them about a week ago, but now I"m not afraid to take them to not feel so crappy after doing stuff. I can't see Tyl #3 once or twice a day hurting as my primary doc put me on them pre-op anyway for my arthritis since I had to stop a blood-thinning one.
Unread 01-09-2012, 03:54 PM

I had my surgery on Dec 27 was supposed to have lap. But complications came up and ended up with abdominal removal of uterus. I also had a sling procedure at the same time. I am on day 13 and feel really good, in fact I went to work today . I do subbing so can choose when I feel good or not. I am looking forward to being completely healed and having a new me
This site has been a wonderful place to find information before and after my surgery!
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:11 PM

I am 5 weeks post and I have had bleeding, lots of pain (almost as much as before surgery) and start back to work in 4 days. SCARED.. Taking it easy, mother of 3 with a husband who has to work 75 hours a weekand a job that has been calling me wanting me to come back since week 2.. Am I alone??? Am I in pain and bleeding because I am not in bed all day?
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:22 PM

Hmm, my son told me today that my husband thinks I should be sitting at my desk typing by now-back at work-the nerve! Trying not to get FURIOUS!
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:32 PM

Its really hard to understand how we feel, unless you have been there. My family felt the same way, until they saw me cry from the pain, they still said I was milking it... Ready for noraml life.. its been almost 2 years since I have been pain free..
Good luck!! Dont kill him
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:36 PM

I just totally called him out on it: had to text him as he left for work. He said he just commented that it would be "nice if mom could go back to work since she just sits and types for a job" I said really? wow, what an ***, we both laughed said good-bye, but I am still hurt-ready to cry.
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1970 View Post
Hmm, my son told me today that my husband thinks I should be sitting at my desk typing by now-back at work-the nerve! Trying not to get FURIOUS!
Maybe you should have him watch the surgery on youtube and ask him if He could tolerate sitting at a desk all day!! I threatened to make mine watch one if he went there!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register