am i doing something wrong - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

am i doing something wrong am i doing something wrong

Unread 01-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Re: am i doing something wrong

You ladies are the best! Thank you so much for the words and wisdom. If any of you also need someone to vent to please feel free to message me anytime. As I'm doing nothing but laying around anyways haha. Bless you all and HUGE HUGS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2012, 08:01 PM

I ask myself this question EVERY day lately. Why do I get so tired. . why are the ladies older than myself (33) getting through recovery SOOOOOO fast. . .why , Why, WHY???? I dont want people to think I'm feeling sorry for myself or trying to "milk out" my recovery time. UGH this whole process is WAY more intense than I expected.

YOU are not alone!
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:15 PM

fullof???- U are not alone... I am 31, and I had a TVH on Dec13... By the end of the day I am gave slap out... I have said it 100 times, and it is true... No matter what type of hysterectomy you have the results are the same... I quit worrying about what ppl thought of me a long time ago...I am going to milk the cow as long as I can (maybe I want drain her dry)... We only get one time to heal right, and if we mess that up we could have trouble the rest of our life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2012, 08:21 PM

I know how ya feel. I just feel like I should be doing so much better. But I'm gonna try and just keep it mind I'm healing and it takes time. So hopefully I can calm my mind down a little bit.
Hey how do u make the hug smilies?
If u ever need someone to talk to or vent you can always send me a message
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:28 PM

i,m sorry you are in pain, it took me 5 weeks to feel a little human! I struggled with "i should be better by now," but I had really good support telling me I had major surgery! DO NOT OVER DO IT, YOU WILL REGRET IT! Just take it easy and allow your body to heal. I am sorry, you don't have support and you are right about people have no idea unless they been through it! I will be thinking about you!
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:34 PM

Crystal84, I had my TAH the day before you and I am definitely still in more pain than I thought I would be. I can't imagine doing any more than I am doing, and resting is the bulk of what I do each day. This week I am feeling really achy

Keep doing what you are doing, trust yourself to know what you need to do to take care of your body. Hugs.
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:12 PM

I started feeling much better at 4 weeks, but now, at 6, experiencing an increase again. It is a process, good days and bad. Biggest thing I can say is listen to your body. DO get up and do what you can and then DO go rest when your body tells you to do so. It may be just 1o minutes up before you're worn out. I'm sorry you don't have support from friends and family, but you do have it here. I've found this site to be very helpful. Hang in there, you are NOT alone, honey!
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:12 PM
am i doing something wrong

I am so glad you posted. I am in week 3 too but it was an LAVH. Suddenly about three days ago, I started feeling mild pain in my lower ab. I got a bit worried and wondered if I had over strained. I called the hosp but the nurse said it does take time to heal.
So I feel I should perhaps slow down, lie down a lot. People around don't really understand how major this is. That has been my experience too. Most of my family hasn't even come to see me. I got all weepy the other day but thanks to my daughter who is looking after me, im learning how to shut out the unwanted people. Perhaps this is the ideal time to find out who truly cares? I have been going thru lows. This 3 week mark seems to be the point at which we feel better but we still have some distance to go. Thank god for this forum
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:16 PM

I am 8 weeks after a TAH and mostly feel fine, but still have occasional twinges or day-long pains. One thing I found helpful was to look at my progress weekly rather than daily. One day I felt great, the next not so much. But from week to week, I could see and feel progress, and that's made a positive attitude easier to maintain.
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:02 PM

I am also 3 weeks out from SAH. I thought I was playing by the rules, but somehow have ended up increased pain on my right side. My nurse practitioner kindly told me to lay back down on the couch. Somehow I did something to tick off my incision. She says the increase in pain, in my case, is simply doing too much too soon. So back to movie marathons I go, back on ibuprophen to help manage inflammation and pain. Took a two hour nap today.

We girls don't sit still well. But we really need to.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register