Incision infected help please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision infected help please Incision infected help please

Unread 01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Incision infected help please

Hey one of my incisions are infected it's red and there is a bump and puss is coming out. Waiting for my doctor to call me back. But really upset I have already had three surgeries because infected inside. Has anyone been through this. Should I just go to ER. I don't want it to become bad. Or am I infected inside again and it's coming out from there. This really sucks any advise is appreciated. Thanks Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Re: Incision infected help please

Hi, I had an infected incision site, I found the heating pad helped the drainage and leaving the site open to the air. But if this has happen already I would call your dr or go straight to er if you are having a fever as well remeber anything over 100.0 is a fever. I wish you the best of luck!!! Blessed be !
Unread 01-03-2012, 06:01 PM

Thank you and my incision hasn't been infected before I had ecoli in my body cavity from first surgery and almost didnt make it and they had to go in two more times and I have nothing left inside. So I'm worried about this. Can you have a infection in your cavity and it try to push out the incision? My incisions where fine before this is just a new thing happening. Did they give you antibiotics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2012, 06:23 PM

I am just getting over an infected incision site. I have to cleanse the incision twice a day with hibaclense, and the Dr. gave me 875mg augmentin twice a day. It has helped greatly and after 4 days the site's redness has gone and no more nasty drainage. Bless your heart, I feel for you. Hope you get the infection under control soon! Thoughts and prayers!
Unread 01-03-2012, 06:58 PM

Thank you
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:57 PM

Thanks ladies. Talked to my doc and he wants to see me tomorrow before he does anything. He said as many problems I have had the antibiotics probably will not work. So I go in tomorrow and will figure it out from there. He said it was very unusual to have an infection in my incision 3 weeks out. So I don't know what that means. Thanks for listening
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:20 PM

Please let us know!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register