Any one else taking Lupron injections to prepare for surgery? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any one else taking Lupron injections to prepare for surgery? Any one else taking Lupron injections to prepare for surgery?

Unread 01-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Re: Any one else taking Lupron injections to prepare for surgery?

Hi all,
Ive been having lupron injections since sept. Hot flashes. fatigue, emotional. All in all i think its still better then bleeding so much i end up in the E.R. that was my experience last march. blood count got low as 5.6. Ive taken my last injection before my surgery on the 25th of jan 2012. Has anyone experienced flu-like symptoms?? I read thats possible. Im trying to figure out if I'm really getting sick or its just the injection, i just had my shot 2 days ago. as usual i had a migraine and body aches, that always happens day after my initial injection...anyone feeling flu-like symptoms?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2012, 10:33 PM

Hi ladies, I had 2 lupron shots for endometriosis and had to stop due to a severe reaction...painful acne on my scalp and the back of my neck, shortness of breath, hives, severe headaches, etc. the good news, everything related to my endometriosis pain that led me to this drug did stop. (well the bleeding didn't stop entirely, but slowed down to a trickle). The hot flashes were not bad at all. Which is why I'm now waiting for surgery. I don't know if the shots shrank the cysts on my ovaries, but my last trip to the ER in dec due to unbearable pain in my lower left abdomen showed the cyst is a little bigger than it was when I was first diagnosed. So since being off the Lupron things have gotten bigger.
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:54 AM

I have found the Lupron to be very expensive. Does anyone know of a pharmacy which is not too expensive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Any one else taking Lupron injections to prepare for surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believing2 View Post
I have found the Lupron to be very expensive. Does anyone know of a pharmacy which is not too expensive?
your Dr office should be able to give you some info on help with that. Mine did and with Insurance and a special coupon/rate I ended up paying around 50.00 a shot.
Unread 04-09-2012, 05:11 PM

I just got my fourth monthly shot of Lupron today. Side effects haven't been too bad for me. Mild hot flashes that are less frequent now that I am also using a topical estrogen, crankiness, some short term memory loss, problems sleeping. I have a history of migraines, but haven't had any while on the Lupron. I've been taking it for two reasons - to build up my iron stores and to try to shrink the fibroids. Bleeding stopped after the second shot (yay!) The shrinkage has been unsuccessful for me, but I still will stay on it until surgery, which hasn't been scheduled yet. Who knows - maybe there's still hope they will shrink some by then. I've been lucky that my insurance covers the shots with a small copay. I couldn't believe how expensive it was the first time I picked it up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register