When to quit smoking before sx - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When to quit smoking before sx When to quit smoking before sx

Unread 01-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Re: When to quit smoking before sx

I smoked up until I walked in the castle. I did like the others sisters, I slow down to a half pack 2 weeks prior to surgury
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:20 AM

I have been slowly trying to ween myself off ciggies also. I had a surgery date of Dec 26th (that was later canceled) and up to that point I had cut down from nearly 2 packs a day to half a pack. Hubby and I ordered the E Ciggies and that helped me cut down to 6/8 real ciggies a day....even down to 4 a day at one point. But as my Dr. appointment for a second opinion on my hysterectomy approaches on Monday the 9th I notice my real ciggie intake going up again. I am struggling so much harder than my hubby with the E ciggies, but they have been more of a help than patches/gum/pills that I have tried in the past. Where do I sign up to join the stop smoking buddy list?

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:37 PM

When my ex had surgery they slapped a nic patch on him since he was unable to go outside to smoke.

Honestly, if I still smoked I wouldn't have wanted one after surgery. I was very nauseous for the first few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2012, 02:18 PM

Yes I find myself smoking more the closer it gets to my surgery day which is in 4 days. It's hard to stop smoking but I have quit before and stayed quit for many years. I just have a big problem of letting stress get to me and then there I go again with the smoking. I'm hoping that after surgery I want have the urge to want to smoke....Good luck to everyone on their surgeries and quitting....and Happy New Year!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register