LSH Return to Intimacy? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Return to Intimacy? Return to Intimacy?

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Re: Return to Intimacy?

i'm so glad other people are confused about when sex is ok! i posted a thread about having sex 2 weeks after surgery and nobody could believe it!! (Where were all of you then? haha) My dr never said anything about when to resume sex but he told me recovery would b two weeks so i assumed sex was fine then too! just to be on the safe side i would go with the 4 to 6 weeks which seems to be what the majority of the drs are saying. better safe than sorry!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Hey there folks had my check up today..27 days post op....had davinci kept ovaries and cervix, and am feeling good, bloated and a little crampy, but good. Final pathology report shows no cancer nuclei found, lots of other stuff going on..but I am cancer free!

Turns out uterus was over 160 grams without cervix, more than double the normal size, multiple masses and lesions..inside and out. Really glad to have that bad boy outa there. At the rate of growth, I would have been in big trouble in a few months!

Also, I was released for interfcourse!!! As long as it isn't painful. : ) Only thing is , I am so sore from the examination and internal ultrasound, I am pretty sure we wont be test driving tonight.....grrrr. Oh well.

Hoping you all get your good news soon too!
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:32 AM

I had an LSH on 12/20. Kept cervix and both ovaries and was told at pre-op and in hospital no sex for 6 weeks...very strict about it.

Wednesday had 2 week post op and he was very firm on the no sex for 6 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2012, 11:12 AM

I just called my Dr. and asked about having oral sex as well as stimulation. He said that I could do both of those in 1 week but not before and absolutely no intercourse until 6 weeks. I'm so ready for any of it that is why I called...had forgotten to ask when I had my 2 week.
Unread 01-06-2012, 04:43 PM

Golfprincess,
Sorry you have to wait longer. I know its hard...but every doctor is different, and so is every patient. I just got released yesterday, I had my Davinci hyst December 9th. I kept my cervix too. Feeling a little timid about test driving this weekend ....but am going to!
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:31 AM

My doctor said not until 6 weeks which is another 1.5 but my honey doesn't want to risk it for at least another 2.5 weeks. We'll see. Did anyone else have a massive rush of sexual hormones during the first 3 weeks? I can understand how some women rush into it, I just wish the feeling would have stayed.
Unread 01-18-2012, 06:02 AM

I have had some rush and desire to return to intimacy. I tried at 4 weeks, but it was nothing like I had felt before... so I'm very concerned at this point as to my response to sex now. Before surgery, I enjoyed sex but I wonder if it will be the same now. I am afraid honestly... that it will change. I had hysterectomy & Pelvic Prolapse repair.
Unread 01-18-2012, 10:44 AM

Im now 11 weeks post-op. I cant believe how fast time has gone for me. Im so thankful for this website Thank you everyone that post on here, your stories and question have helped me. My Doctor said no intimacy for 6 weeks. But would really like me to wait 8 weeks. And even then be care. My husband and I decided that 8 weeks was ok so we knew I won't hurt.....I'm thankful we waited.
Hugs to everyone!
Unread 01-18-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondecctwt View Post
My doctor said not until 6 weeks which is another 1.5 but my honey doesn't want to risk it for at least another 2.5 weeks. We'll see. Did anyone else have a massive rush of sexual hormones during the first 3 weeks? I can understand how some women rush into it, I just wish the feeling would have stayed.
I am wondering if the "rush" of hormones, etc. is what I am feeling... This is a little awkward to say but since I am not looking face to face at anyone I guess that helps. My clitoris has been so super sensitive that anything rubbing against it, like just loose panties is very uncomfortable, actually almost painfull. I am 3 weeks post-op today and this has been going on for 3 days already.... I still have 3-5 weeks to go before testing things out (Total Hyst-removed uterus and cervix).
Unread 01-18-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondecctwt View Post
Upon leaving the hospital my doctor told me: no tampons, no bath, no lifting, no sex... I was feeling like roadkill and laughed at him: are you joking ? Look at me ? How can ever think about this so soon after surgery ? He said he'd seen it before: patient with infection, big belly, back in surgery. Because of sex too soon. I went home feeling as unsexy as I could get but after 3-4 days I turned into this sex crazed animal... I haven't felt that in years ! Still in pain and crawling around but otherwise hot all over. I had to pace myself as it was very unconfortable, almost painfull. It lasted for 4-5 days, I was even having erotic dreams. Thankfully the sensation went away... But now, at my six weeks mark... I want it back ! So far there is nowhere to be seen... still hoping though... Best wishes !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register