Fused Uterus after ablation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fused Uterus after ablation Fused Uterus after ablation

Unread 01-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Fused Uterus after ablation

Well I'm scheduled for 1/31 for my LaVH or TVH and I've had severe pain lately. I went in for a saline sonogram. No dice. They had trouble even getting the speculum in, the long one was just killing me and they couldn't figure out why I was having such pain when they were trying to get the speculum in. Then they go, Oh, your uterus is retrograde and I was like, yeah they've always told me that my uterus and cervix tip backwards. So then the u/s tech tries to thread the catheter through my cervix and can't get it to go in. They stop for a bit and then have the doctor try. She couldn't even get the fluid inside. She looks up at me and goes, your uterus is fused together after the ablation, the scar tissue glued itself together. Then she said, You must not have a period. I told her no, I've been building back up to five days with clots. And she just went, Huh?! So they stopped trying for the saline sonogram, they said they will just see what is going on inside after the hyster. I feel absolutely trapped by this office. My hyster is so close, but yet I feel like they are just trying to remove stuff to get me to shut up. After reading this site more, I'm actually not a good candidate for the ablation in the first place. I feel wronged somewhat, so I'm trying to figure out how to be a better advocate for myself, but my doctor is on maternity leave right now and it's like pulling teeth. Even to get pain meds.

Anyone else have these symptoms?

Oh and I got the joyful Lupron shot yesterday. I've spent today in bed and doped up. The HSG test to make sure my tubes were blocked after the Essure deal was almost as painful as yesterday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Re: Fused Uterus after ablation

I am so sorry this happened to you. I also had to go on to have a hysterectomy after ablation. I have friends who had ablation that was great for them. For me it turned out I had adenomyosis. I know nothing about your type of situation. I am sorry you are not getting the care you are in need of. Have you thought about switching providers?

The sisters here are great. Maybe someone here has had your exact situation. Hang in there. Hugs.
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:32 PM

I think you are doing the right thing by having a hysterectomy. I also had to go on to have a hysterectomy after ablation. Once the ablation has a bad result the pain for me was worse than before. I am very happy after my hysterectomy 6 year ago. But if you don't trust your doc please get two or more opinions. Maybe you will feel more comfortable with someone else. I can tell you after my ablation I did not trust the doc and I went on a few other and found a diffferent doc that I could trust and he did my hysterectomy. Good luck. Prayers and blessings sent your way!

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:57 AM

I had a fused uterus. It was fused to my back and my bladder was fused to my uterus. I was in so much pain. I had cramps, stabbing knife pains, and back pains. I can not see that anything but removal would help.
My surgery took extra time to un-fuse everything and bring it out.
I am now 12 weeks post and I feel better than I have in years.
Good luck
Unread 01-05-2012, 06:50 AM

Luv2Hum-

Were they able to get your hyster done LaVH? That's what I'm scheduled for, but I'm going to be very adamant with my GYN that I want her to take a really good look around.
Unread 01-05-2012, 07:45 AM

So sorry to hear this happened. praying for you! I think a second.or third opinion is a good idea!

Tina
Unread 01-05-2012, 12:49 PM

I had an ablation 2 years ago, as I had large fibroids, and very heavy periods. I had also been having menopause symptoms, like hot flashes and night sweats.

The ablation went well, and for most people they never have another period. I was one of the 2% who it does not work for. I carried on having periods.
After 2 years, I went back to the GP. The gaps between had increased, but I was still flooding every time.
At an internal exam the Doc found I also had a sealed uterus. I presume that is the same as a fused one, just different terminology.

I was glad to go for a TAH, because I have had enough of the heavy bleeding.
All I want now is for the flashes and sweats to stop.
Unread 01-05-2012, 01:38 PM

I could have almost written this same thing! I had an ablation last January and am scheduled for an LAVH Tuesday, Jan. 10. The ablation did nothing for me, I still flooded for a several months then slowly the flow began to diminish until I began having awful cramping over the summer. The dr. who did my ablation tried to biopsy me and couldn't and then told me to take the Pill. When I refused, she said to come back in 6 months. I was in horrible pain and she didn't even tell me to take a Motrin.My flow has subsided to nothing. I finally got back in with my regular ob/gyn and he put me on torodol (sp?) which helped a tiny bit, then he upped it to percocet and scheduled a saline infused ultrasound. They did an internal ultrasound first and the tech couldn't believe how awful things looked. They couldn't get the catheter thing in to infuse the saline. He said I am getting my period but that nothing can get out and that it is backflowing into my fallopian tubes and into my abdomen. The uterus is irritated from this and also the adenomyosis that I also have and it's basically like being in labor. I nearly ended up in the hospital on Christmas Eve. I can't live like this or fathom the idea of another cycle. There is really no other alternative, they can go in and try to remove the scar tissue but it won't fix my adenomyosis and there is not guarantee it will work. I'm ok with the decision, a little nervous but that's more about trying to get my household ready for the big event. Good luck!
Unread 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'm glad that there is some relief in sight for me. Very disappointed that they did nothing about it before this though.
Unread 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkknaebel View Post
Luv2Hum-

Were they able to get your hyster done LaVH? That's what I'm scheduled for, but I'm going to be very adamant with my GYN that I want her to take a really good look around.
I had the DaVinci method and removal thru the vagina. Everything went well and my Surgeon took a good look around to make sure I was cleaned up of scar tissue...
I still have a little scar tissue at a c-section scar but they would have to cut the area away and re-stitch. I did not want that.
It is amazing at the difference I feel having the fused uterus gone. I bet you are gonna feel tons better too...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register