Can I Do This? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can I Do This? Can I Do This?

Unread 01-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Can I Do This?

Breath, you will be fine.. the bowel prep is because when they give you anastic it takes longer for you bowel to wake up so they don't want anything left in there to hurt you, ie if you don't have a bowel movement soon enough you can become sick from that and also just a suggestion (I am 7 days postop) start on a stool softner as soon as you get home. The first time you have a bm its very painfull and the stool sofners will help. I had divinci and was cooking dinner on day 3 post op but you will need someone on the first couple days because you will be very sleepy and very tired when not a sleep. Best of luck..

Okay I am now getting overwhelmed!!! I am 25 years old, 2 babies (under the age of two), full time privet university student, part time pre school para, and having my hysterectomy on the 24th of this month. I still have no daycare for my kids (that's for sure lined up); for work or the sugary. Thank God I am have the de vinci method!I have been reading all the My Hyster. stories on here... and have yet to find anyone near my age, with the de vinci, that explained EVERYTHING they went through... but I plan on writing on details on mine after mine is done. Why does this seem harder then it has to be? Between the money, being busy, the kids, my husband, not knowing anything about this, school, work, planning.... grrrr..... I have a few questions I can't seem to find if anyone could answer them
what does the bowl cleansing the day before the sugary intell? what do I need to expect? Will I remember them taking me to the OR, or can they drug me so I don't freak out? How long will I bleed? is it like a period? Honest... is sex any different after? how so? Am I going to feel empty inside? even though they are leaving my ovaries, wont I still have some forms of minapose (sorry bad speller)? anything else I should know? PLEASE!?!?![/quote]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Re: Can I Do This?

shannerellyce - You can do anything you put your mind to. It's not going to be easy and your are going to need a lot of help and support from your husband, but you can do it.

You have a lot of questions. Unfortunately there are no clear cut answers to them.

Bowel prep is determined by your doctor and some don't even have it.

I remembered being wheeled into the OR and switching to the surgery table. Some don't even remember that much.

Bleeding is minimal and not at all like a period and shouldn't last more than a week or 2. If you start bleeding like a normal period you need to see the doctor asap.

Sex is different for everyone, but I believe most women have no problems after hyster. Some experience complications. There are no guarantees.

You may experience menopause symptoms after surgery or you may not. It all depends on how your ovaries react to the surgery. Some have no problems at all. Sometimes they go into shock and quit working for a while and other times they quit working and never work again. It's a wait ans see world out there.

I strongly recommend you read the information provided in the links listed in the blue strip along the top of the page. There is a lot of information there that will help answer these and many other questions.

Best of Luck.
Unread 01-22-2012, 08:06 PM

Good luck! I can't wait to see your post op posts! I am right behind you on Feb 1st! I have my pre op appt. tomorrow morning. I have a ton of questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Can I Do This?

You can do it!!! I'm flipped out too but am older (33) having a tah/bso i have a 17 month old n 4 yr old. A girl I know was 25 with twin 3yr olds n a 10 1/2 month old n had to have a tah/bso (early ovarian cancer ) wha she said was basically a lot of things you think have to be done really don't & amazing the household survies w/o it getting done. Some of this I sorta see already bc my house is a wreck bc i haven't felt well in a long time. I am still really nervous about it tho
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:37 PM

Thank you everyone, I will be doing my story wed night I am sure and I will put every bit of details I can... I am so glad I have my hystersisters to get through this! I go in at 10am so I am just praying I can get some sleep to help time pass

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register