Scheduled TLH intimacy after hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

intimacy after hysterectomy intimacy after hysterectomy

Unread 01-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Re: intimacy after hysterectomy

I am 6 months post TVH. I was very concerned about sex post op also. Everyone's experience is different and there are no guarantees. Sex feels different, but not in a bad way. Just different. It's a little better having my cervix gone because it hurt when DH bumped it during sex. I have no change in lubrication (kept ovaries). I do notice a decrease in desire but thats probably because I'm still having pain. DH says it feels exactly the same for him. It didn't hurt inside when we first started up but I was sore after a couple of minutes. The only disappointment for me is the post op orgasm. I still have them but without the uterus contracting sometimes they are very short and superficial and pretty disappointing. Sometimes they are ok and sometimes it's like "did I have one?". Sex post op takes patience, communication and trust with your partner. Start discussing your feelings, concerns and expectations now. It will put down a foundation for later. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2012, 12:15 AM

This coming up week will be a year after my TAH. I am now 36. At first my sex drive was through the ROOF!! Then and now not really that good Everyone is different though. Its better in a way cause there is no pain But the climax isnt as good as it use to be. And YES to the lube!! But recently we havent needed it. So that (in my cases) is getting better!! We will all be thinking about you on your BIG DAY!!! Hope this helps
Unread 01-07-2012, 12:00 PM

Remember ladies that your doctor can add testosterone to your HRT to help with libido. I highly recommend Suzanne Somers' book, "Ageless: The Naked Truth About Bioidentical Hormones".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2012, 08:45 PM

My pre-op is 1/9/12. Thank u for the tips of questions. How do docs say you must wait until you can have sex? My concern about change in our sex life has kept me from having this surgery. Now the periods & bleeding has interfered with our sex life. I'm so worried about after.
Unread 01-07-2012, 09:30 PM

Generally the restrictions on sex are about six to eight weeks. Sometimes, they don't even want external stimulation as it provides too much blood flow to still healing and tender tissues.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:30 PM

Hi girls. I'm also new here. This is a huge concern for me also. I'm having surgery next week, but I am worried about sex afterwards. (hope this isn't too personal) but I wonder about the ability to produce female ejaculate after surgery. I'm keeping the ovaries, so I hope that makes a difference...but it's a neat "trick" that I hope I don't lose.
Unread 01-09-2012, 01:57 PM

Yes, sex is something I have had on my mind before going through with my surgery, but my husband and I haven't had decent sex in almost 7 years! Sex has been very infrequent because it is so painful. I figure even if the pain is still only half as bad after my hyster, I will call that a win.
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:54 PM

Hi,

I am so happy to read, that I am not the only one thinking about sex post op. I am 4 weeks after my TAH and my hormons are driving me crazy!!
Yesterday I told hubby he needs to do something to help me!
We did fool around ( all external) and had my first post orgasm. It felt so good to know that my lady parts are not broken and be back to normal in no time. I would say it was the same sensation like before. Could not really tell the difference, except a tingle feeling in my stomach from the contractions after. Was not painful or anything just felt funny.
Good luck to you all with your experience and I hope you are all recovering just fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register