Vaginal cuff pain (11 wks post op) - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal cuff pain (11 wks post op) Vaginal cuff pain (11 wks post op)

Unread 01-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Re: Vaginal cuff pain (11 wks post op)

So it's completely my fault for not exploring more into the whole 'we are going to remove the cervix' thing. I didn't want to alarm myself unnecessarily, but then on the table getting ready for the surgery, the Dr comes in - gives me pre-op instructions - including, no sex for two months, or the "staples" will hurt my man's penis. Seriously? Telling me this on the operating table? I didn't say anything, because I thought maybe I misunderstood. Is it possible he actually said 'staples'? Honestly, I don't have pain, just discomfort sometimes and an interesting sensation - like, pressure on my bottom. But the cervix is up inside me... Not on my bottom. Anyway... Back to Staples. Is it a dumb question to ask my doctor? I am 10 days post-op. going ok so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioness24 View Post
So it's completely my fault for not exploring more into the whole 'we are going to remove the cervix' thing. I didn't want to alarm myself unnecessarily, but then on the table getting ready for the surgery, the Dr comes in - gives me pre-op instructions - including, no sex for two months, or the "staples" will hurt my man's penis. Seriously? Telling me this on the operating table? I didn't say anything, because I thought maybe I misunderstood. Is it possible he actually said 'staples'? Honestly, I don't have pain, just discomfort sometimes and an interesting sensation - like, pressure on my bottom. But the cervix is up inside me... Not on my bottom. Anyway... Back to Staples. Is it a dumb question to ask my doctor? I am 10 days post-op. going ok so far.
Hi. You should start your own thread in Post Op Hysterectomy Support. You'll get more answers that way (instead of posting on my thread.) Best of luck!
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:44 AM

I forget how to get to the New Post page on this site. help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 09:47 AM

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=3

That should take you to the Post Op forum.
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:50 AM

Thanks. I will give it a try!
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:57 AM

OK Stupid question..vaginal cuff pain does it kind of feel like you have a pole up your butt/vagina when you sit down?? LOL
I know that sounds crude but that's how I feel, there is so much pressure I feel like when I sit down sometimes like its gonna pop!
Thank you! Sorry hope I didn't offend anyone.
Unread 01-19-2012, 11:15 AM

I'm only five days post op davinci. I know its very, very early in my recovery but was totally unprepared for the cuff pain! I'm doing really well other than that. I can't sit for longer than a few minutes without excruciating pain! Had I read all these posts regarding the cuff pain and how long it may last prior to my surgery, I wonder if I would of had second thoughts about the removal of my cervix! I can't stop crying
Unread 01-19-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna0215 View Post
I'm only five days post op davinci. I know its very, very early in my recovery but was totally unprepared for the cuff pain! I'm doing really well other than that. I can't sit for longer than a few minutes without excruciating pain! Had I read all these posts regarding the cuff pain and how long it may last prior to my surgery, I wonder if I would of had second thoughts about the removal of my cervix! I can't stop crying
I'm only 1 day from you & I don't have that much pain. I quit pain meds on Sunday. Maybe you should call your Dr. if your having a lot of pain. Mine hurts when I first sit down & a little after a while but not enough to make me cry. I also feel like my stomach above my belly button is really swollen. I kinda wish i'd kept my cervix too.
I hope you feel better soon!!
Unread 01-19-2012, 12:09 PM

Add me in on the wishing I had kept my cervix.....sigh...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register