Scheduled dVH/RALH I Think I am Learning | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Think I am Learning I Think I am Learning

Unread 01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I Think I am Learning

I am having a RALH (I think that's that correct acronym for the DaVinci Assisted Total Lap Hysterectomy???) on the 24th of January. I am nervous, but excited as well. I have posted every thought, every question, and every fear. I think I am finally learning. I have learned I am not the only "youngen" on this site. I have learned (I think) the acronyms. What to expect. What to take with me. Even what all I am going to put in my story when it is all over, to help people that couldn't find every little detail the way I couldn't for a while. I go in to the hospital in the morning to get my blood work done. I go back to work Monday, the 18th is my pre-op, the 23rd is the dreadful bowl cleansing and liquid diet day, then the 24th... the big day! We will see how it goes. My plan is to take the bare needs to the hospital with me, write everything down that's happening, ask for nausea medication and something to give me the " I don't cares" before they take me back. I think if I have a hang of this now, just wish I had a friend by myside. My husband, family, and babies are amazing, but a friend would be nice right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Re: I Think I am Learning

Glad you are finding your way around. I would have been a total basket case without this site and the sisters here. It is hard to find "friends" that understand what we are going thru, our fears and sometimes apparent irrational emotions. BUT we do have our hyster sisters. Just a click away
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Re: I Think I am Learning

Oh! I forgot to mention: This has been my best buddy throughout my hysterectomy recovery. It went everywhere with me for 8 weeks Perfect for: coughing,sneezing, laughing, sleeping, car rides, lap guard, and all around companion. It also really helps with walking in general at first. I find carrying him will pushed gently but firmly against my stomach was much more comfortable than my hands and arms. So he is basically perfect for everything!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register