How to ease belly and pelivic soreness - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How to ease belly and pelivic soreness How to ease belly and pelivic soreness

Unread 01-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Re: How to ease belly and pelivic soreness

Ok, y'all don't laugh, but from the moment I got home my little 4 pound Maltese/Chi mix dog (named Tiny) wanted to lay across my lap. I'm pretty sure he sensed something was wrong with me and was lending comfort. He is like a little hot water bottle and it actually made my incisions feel better. I just have to watch out for his itty bitty feet stepping too hard on my tender spots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2012, 07:12 PM

Too late - I'm laughing!

My lightest cat, Sally, weighs in at 7 pounds - and she's small. Oscar is a whopping 13 pounds. Not only do the cats like to sleep on a lap, they 'make biscuits' too!

Want to trade? LOL
Unread 01-07-2012, 07:57 PM

Lol have u guys started using Hormone replacements yet. Do you think they make u more tender and sore in the pelvic area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLila View Post
Too late - I'm laughing!

My lightest cat, Sally, weighs in at 7 pounds - and she's small. Oscar is a whopping 13 pounds. Not only do the cats like to sleep on a lap, they 'make biscuits' too!

Want to trade? LOL
Uh oh! Biscuit makin' on a sore belly doesn't sound pleasant! hahaha!!! Wow 13 pounds. Whoa!
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:44 AM

Hey 1corp4me,

Ikept my ovaries, so I haven't contemplated hormones, but am wondering if I should. I have been unable to focus - very scattered - and not good for business.

I find my belly is sore frequently - less so as I move farther from my surgery, but there are days it still gets a bit swelly and tender. I hear this can go on for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL1967 View Post
Uh oh! Biscuit makin' on a sore belly doesn't sound pleasant! hahaha!!! Wow 13 pounds. Whoa!
I have a pillow pet for protection, but it turns out they are cat magnets. They love them. And that 13 pounds - pure (or is that purr) muscle - he's a mountain lion in miniature.
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:29 AM

i used mainly heat cause i dont like to be cold BUT i had setback last week and dr.office said to use coldpack.i couldnt believe the difference of using ice.it was wonderful and seemed to help belly a lot better than heat.i have used anti-inflammatories for sore belly and that seems to work better than pain pills.but use what works for you best.i also wear a not too tight girdle and thats helps with pressureyou can use ibuprofen as an anti-inflammatory 1-2/every 2 hours200 mg a piece BUT CHECK WITH DR.FIRST.this really helps with swelly belly or it did with mine
Unread 01-08-2012, 12:47 PM

My favourite nurse at the hospital encouraged me to try a heat pad or pack at home for the tender, achy, bloated, gassy, sore belly. I used a warm wheat bag and it was wonderful! I really liked the little bit of weight from the wheat. My 11lb puppy laying beside my incision was also awesome . The heat actually also relaxed me enough to settle for sleep once I got myself propped with the right combination of pillows in bed.

I tried a cold pack that first week and hated it! But now, as my abdominal incision heals and is itchy and burning and the swelly belly is achy, I've been using a 2lb bag of frozen popcorn kernels, and it's like magic....again, the slight weight of the bag feels great.

Rest lots when you start aching, it's a sign to take care of you.
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:01 PM

Ladies thank do much. My husband seems to think I should be back to normal. He thinks I'm babying myself. I've tried to explain to him I really don't feel well. I felt do great after surgery that I think he had the impression I'm cured. So angry and sad right now.
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:15 PM

Hugs 1CORP4ME, there are quite a few threads on here about family and spouses who aren't being understanding. Stand up for yourself and take the time you need to heal well. There is a misterhystersisters.com website that is for the guys, to help them understand.

My own husband has good days with me and bad days. I think that is partly just how he deals with feeling worried about me, plus handling the normal stress of his busy job. I just respond by saying I am really sorry I can't do this or that, it's not my fault. Then he takes a deep breathe and chills. I ask the kids for help and they are fine to help.

On Friday my husband took our 14 yr old for two dr appointments which took most of the day. One appointment was with our son's pediatrician who has been with us for 13 yrs. in that time he has almost exclusively dealt with me about our son's muscular dystrophy. He was surprised to see hubby, and when hubby explained why he was there pediatrician expressed concern and sympathy for ME, and told hubby that my procedure was a rough one with a long recovery and that it would take me a couple of months to feel like myself. I think that was something my hubby needed to hear from another man, especially one who knows me well with my "wonder woman" cape on.

Take care of you, you are worth it.
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:59 PM

Ladies thank do much. My husband seems to think I should be back to normal. He thinks I'm babying myself. I've tried to explain to him I really don't feel well. I felt do great after surgery that I think he had the impression I'm cured. So angry and sad right now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register