Husbands and how they cope with it - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Husbands and how they cope with it Husbands and how they cope with it

Unread 01-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Re: Husbands and how they cope with it

My hubby really is going to deserve a Sainthood by the time we are done with this roller coaster. Between getting really sick about 6 months ago with odd auto immune type symptoms. (Mouth sores, extreme exhaustion, skin rashes etc) that were never given a confirmed diagnosis, to discovering I was hypothyroid, then into near constant bleeding and the rapid growth of my fibroid s, and now 2 infected molars that need to be pulled out poor hubby has pretty much been on his own half a year all ready.

It has gotten to the point that I fear being touched at all. Seems every time some one touches me I get a new unexplained rash/boil/infection etc. So he's been lucky to get a helping "hand" 2 or 3 times in all those months. I guess this is a true test of our vows. I try to make sure I tell him often how important his support is and how much I miss our intimacy. He really has been my rock, I just hope the stress doesn't wear him down and make him resentful.

Babe if your lurking here, you being by my side means more than you will ever know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2012, 07:48 AM

When I first started having problems with pain during intercourse, my husband and I were dating and very young. At first he thought that I was faking the pain because the doctors I went to basically ignored my concerns and tried to tell me it was in my head. That was until I found a new doctor that did a diagnostic laparoscopy and found endometriosis. Then my problem became real for him, and he's been very supportive since then. We've gone almost 7 years with very little sex because of the pain. Sometimes he gets frustrated, but he does understand. When I had finally exhausted all of my options for treatment, and the doc said I needed a hyster, I thunk he was more happy about getting rid of my pain than I was. He said he would have liked more kids in the future, but he also said that me not having pain was more important to him. Plus, there's always adoption.
Unread 01-10-2012, 11:39 AM

Amen REDCHERRY30!!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register