Vaginal cuff Questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal cuff Questions Vaginal cuff Questions

Unread 01-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Vaginal cuff Questions

I had my Davinci on 12/27/2011 Its a slow process but I am healing. What exactly is this cuff, I know its purpose to hold everything in because it would be bad if your bladder and intestines etc fell out through your Vagina. Therefore I understand not lifting and having that cuff heal perectly. The big question is and I have searched on line what does a good healed one look like and how does one know yours has healed correctly. What can or will prevent the Vaginal cuff from healing properly.
I also have twinges of discomfort and I don't know if it means I did too much or just healing. I try to rest between each task I do, I try to change positions often because I find if I stay too long sitting up straight it gets uncomfortable.
In short I am trying to avoid doing myself harm. I have a need to know and see everything if I could have watched my own surgery I would have enjoyed it immensely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Re: Vaginal cuff Questions

The best way to know if your cuff is healed correctly is have the dr. do a pelvic exam which will probably be done at your 6 week. Sometimes it seems to be done earlier, especially if there seems to be a problem.

Overdoing things can cause your cuff to not heal correctly. Make sure you don't lift anything too heavy and make sure you don't do anything that causes pain.

The twinges can indicate you overdid it or it can be a sign of healing tissue which sometimes just does that. Be careful about what you do an most likely you will be fine.

Sometimes cuff problems seem to just happen even if you are careful. Extreme pain, bleeding beyond spotting, bright red blood, fever and other worrisome symptoms indicate a problem and you should call your dr. right away if these things happen. Because I'm diabetic I try to be very aware that i probably am not healing as fast as others.
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Re: Vaginal cuff Questions

I read that it looks like "a sock" sewn at the top... As far as healing just dont put pressure on your pelvic region...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register