Still not feeling right even after HR | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still not feeling right even after HR Still not feeling right even after HR

Unread 01-09-2012, 04:16 AM
Unhappy - Still not feeling right even after HR Still not feeling right even after HR

Need some help from my Hystersisters. I had a partial hysterectomy in March 2011 (right ovary remained). About 3 weeks post op started having night sweats and hot flashes so doc put me on low dose of estrogen (1mg) which helped tremendously. About 3 months post op I switched to taking a natural HR and had no issues whatsoever. About 5 months post op started having some minor pain in my right side and right side of my back. Ignored it for a while but finally went back to Doc in November because the pain had gotten much worse. He said that my ovary "fell" and it was now attached to my vaginal wall. He suggested removing the ovary since it was causing me pain. Had surgery on 12/9 to remove the ovary and doc stated that it would throw me into menopause so he said I should stop taking the natural HR and go back to taking the estrogen (which I didnt do). About 1 week post op started having terrible mood swings. Happy one second, crying the next and yelling after that. Went back to doc and he asked if I had started taking the estrogen and had to admit that I had not. Ok so I take his advice and start taking the estrogen and leave the natural HR behind. About 3 days later I am not only having the mood swings but now the night sweats and hot flashes have returned. This did not make for a Merry Christmas. I was a complete BEAR on Christmas Day and that is an understatement. Went back to doc on 12/26 and he advised me to take the Estrogen twice a day (now 2mg). It has helped but I still dont feel right. I still feel on edge (not as bad), I feel jittery (like I have had to much caffiene), feel like my skin looks horrible and still have a hot flash here and there. The doc has suggested I used testosterone too but I dont know if I want to do that. I would like to eventually get back on the natural HR. So should I wait it out, do I need to let my body adjust? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Re: Still not feeling right even after HR

I would definitely give it some time. Your body has got to have time to adjust to the new dose. It doesn't seem like we always get immediate results with a change. A hot flash doesn't always mean you're low in estrogen. Sometimes it just means that the levels are fluctuating some. I'd also caution against adding testosterone in until you have the estrogen issue handled. It could simply muddy the water at this point. Did he test your levels to make sure you even needed it? Also, it's a good idea to check a lipid panel before starting testosterone as it has an impact there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register