caffine and indecisive. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

caffine and indecisive. caffine and indecisive.

Unread 01-09-2012, 06:14 AM
caffine and indecisive.

I have saw a few places, for friends n family, to have like tea (decaf)in a few places about recovery. Are you not saposse to drink caffine post op? Tell me it ain't so! Is it because you might not be able to sleep when you need too?

On another note. Are you sure of how you want recovery to be? I am so indecisive! I keep changing my mind!! One day i want my mom there All day the day of surgery. The next day, i am telling her she can just drop me off at the hospital. Last night a friend said to me "i go away on Feb 7th for a week, but before that i want to help!" I know as her son left home for the navy, and daughter went to Ireland for school, it might be good for her and me! But i said "i have no idea how ill be." And right now i would tell her stay with me till theseventh but tomorrow i might decline any help. I hope my friends are still my friends by Jan 30th!

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Re: caffine and indecisive.

Drink your coffee and be well! Heaven forbid you suffer caffeine withdrawals during recovery - that would be like adding insult to injury!

Everyone is different, but for me it was a comfort to know someone was there for me and having a friendly face greet me after recovery was wonderful.

I found I didn't need a lot of help post surgery. I was able to walk around as needed to feed myself and such, so after the first couple of days home, my husband went back to work. If anything needed lifting, it waited until he got home. I would make sure I had a friend or neighbor who is willing to drop by on a daily basis to check in on you and maybe take you grocery shopping until most of your restrictions have been lifted. If you use a laundromat, you will need some assistance getting baskets in and out, otherwise take it slow and handle only a few clothing items at a time to your washer/dryer.
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:43 AM

I am a caffeine addict. I couldn't drink coffee the morning before surgery but I drank a little after surgery and had a cup the next morning. Part of the nurses concern about coffee was that I was throwing up for about the first 24 hrs. I had no problem sleeping since I was still pretty drugged out.

You won't truly know how you want your recovery to be until you get there. Sounds like your mom is willing to do whatever you want so just let her know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2012, 01:38 PM

I too am an absolute caffeine addict. Caffeine withdrawal migraines suck. I haven't had my hyster yet, but I don't think anyone would be keeping my caffeine from me!
As for recovery, I am going to have my mom stay with me. I'm not letting my husband take off work. My surgery will be in another city about 50 miles away from my house, so I want someone to be there with me because I kind of panic when I'm by myself in new places.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register