Pre surgery breakdown - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre surgery breakdown Pre surgery breakdown

Unread 01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Re: Pre surgery breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena1986 View Post
Wal Mart did me in! One trip to Wal Mart the first few weeks and I was asleep on the couch for the rest of the day. Avoid Wal Mart! LOL!

WalMart does me in now, with Fibromyalgia and all the rest. That's one thing I'm a little concerned about, all the pain I have anyway, with Fibro, and if I stay in one position too long it makes the pain worse. I'm afraid it'll make it worse for me, post-op. If I have to go to WM or anywhere else, they dang well better have a wheelchair buggy for me! lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2012, 01:30 AM

What do you mean "Self Cath" lol.. we don't have to do that ourselves do we? o.O I am scared too and I don't even have a date yet! I can't imagine actually approaching the date. Hang in there! I am sure you will get through it fine and then can come back in a few weeks and calm the rest of us down. lol (please?) ha ha. I'm doing to be freaking out about self cath for a little bit now. /shudder
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:18 PM

I think it's an exception to have to self-cath; she might have other circumstances in her case which require it.

I had my catheter put in while I was in surgery, and the following morning had it removed - which to my surprise didn't hurt at all; it kind of had a strange, tickling sensation. Believe me, on that first day and night you are going to be glad to have that catheter in, because all those fluids they're giving you will have to come out. :-)

Take care, and hang in there, sister,
*Hugs*
Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2012, 07:49 PM

Two weeks ago, I was where you are now. Believe me, waiting for your surgery is worse than the surgery and (at least initial) recovery! I had a RALH BSO. They put a hormone patch on me in recovery, then I switched to a gel once home. So far so good! Hang in there, listen to some relaxing music. You'll be fine!
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Pre surgery breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather#32 View Post
Getting so nervous....scared to death of the pain when I wake up, the whole stay,just now learning about the cath, and hormone therapy! Still have week to go!
Hi Heather. I was terrified too, of the pain, catheter etc....I had a total hysterectomy today using the daVinci method and it really isn't so bad!!!! I'm not gonna lie-I have discomfort. It feels like really bad period cramps. The catheter is annoying at first, but now I can hardly tell it is there!!!! Each day will be better too! I was even able to get up and walk!!!! So don't be scared- you will do great!!
Unread 01-11-2012, 02:34 AM

Am I the only one that thinks it's amazing that Pippin is already able to post on the site when her surgery was today? LOL I totally believe you now that it isn't so bad. I mean heck, if you're already up to posting and coherently.. wow.
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:00 AM

Its not bad. I had the Da Vinci done yesterday, and got out of recovery at 11:45am, and posted on our recovery thread at 1:30pm. Less than two hours later!! Woke up with no pain. I had everything removed...RALH/BSO. Went home yesterday at 5:30pm....in and out. Roughest part was the ride home, and pressure when I need to pee. You ladies will be just fine. I know we all heal differently. Make sure your doc is a good one who cares about you. Make sure you PRAY!! You will be in his hands.
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:01 AM

..Praying that my docs have the technology to do the Da Vinci....
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Pre surgery breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviano0824 View Post
..Praying that my docs have the technology to do the Da Vinci....
Go on the Da Vinci website and see if your doctor is listed. It will tell you who is in your area. Good luck on your search.
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:31 AM

We are seeing a military doctor, I wonder if she is on there. I'll look.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register