Scheduled TVH I really NEED a hug right now!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I really NEED a hug right now!! I really NEED a hug right now!!

Unread 01-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I really NEED a hug right now!!

Im not sure if how im feeling is normal or not, but im so moody right now. It started this am when i found out my surgery had been pushed back another week. Im trying to shake this feeling, then i get a phone call from my husband at work to tell me that he has to work the day after the surgery. He forgot that ill be in the hospital overnight! FORGOT???? So now im really heated! I feel like my body is controlling me! I just want this to be over before my family has me commited!! I just want someone to listen to me, and really hear me. Im going through alot right now and honestly dont feel as if I have a friend in this world! Please excuse this pity party im having. Oh by the way, im having TVH on the 19th of Jan. The original date was Jan. 12th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Re: I really NEED a hug right now!!

It is VERY normal! I found on here that the more time you have to think about the surgery, the worse it is! I had 2 months of knowing! It is stressful and emotional. Do you have other family members that can help you the day after when you go home? I had a friend spend the night with me and help with my young daughter.
Unread 01-09-2012, 05:18 PM

So sorry you are feeling so frustrated. Men !! LOL I will be praying for you wifeoffireman Hang in there!
HUG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2012, 05:32 PM

Lots of hugs and best wishes to you.
It will all come right in the end so just hang in there, sweetie.

Try and calm your nerves, practise deep breathing, or focus on positive thoughts about how well you will be afterwards.

Start preparing hubby for how much help you are going to need in the first few weeks, preferably months of recovery.
Aparently there is a MisterHysterSisters site, so show him that as a preparation for what you will be needing from him
Unread 01-09-2012, 06:00 PM

Big squeezy hugs but not the kind that hurt....It's normal to be this worked up. I have my surgery on 1/31 but scheduled it back in November. I hope that you can have someone there the day after...and that the painkillers are good!
Unread 01-09-2012, 06:14 PM

I understand!! This is a major life changing experience. It's ok to be all over the place, you don't have to be in control of yourself all of the time, heck this warrents a lil more neediness. I am 3 weeks post- op and have been emotionally hieghtened the entire time. I had to wait 6 months before getting this surgery. Air HUGS and full understanding!!!
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:20 PM

*Lotsa hugs*
I know how you feel; I was stressed out before my surgery - and I only had to wait three weeks.

Take care,
Jenn
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:39 PM

Wifeoffireman, what you are going through is normal. I just got really busy the week before surgery and got everything done so that when I got home it would be done. It helped with my anxiety. Set up a tray next to your bed and have a cooler there for stuff to drink. You probably won't want to eat much more than soup or applesauce or other light stuff. You just aren't too hungry for some reason. I didn't take meds, so that wasn't why. I just wasn't hungry. I am also the wife of a fireman. It's scarey because they are gone 24 hours at a time. Maybe he can take a day or two of vacation. That's what my dh did. He also has the ability to trade days. Does your dh have that option? It will be alright. The waiting is the worst part. Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register