pillow pets - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-10-2012, 02:33 PM
pillow pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigotiger View Post
Can someone explain to me what the special thing is about "pillow pets"? Is it that they are cuter than a regular pillow? A better shape or size? Do they have special stuffing?

I already have an assortment of pillows in various sizes, and am not really a stuffed animal kinda gal. I have been trying to make sure that I have helpful things for my recovery: bought a "grabber"; got an longer hose on the hand held shower, and a stool to fit in the tub; ordered extra big granny panties... I have been thinking about getting a body pillow to help be more comfortable when sleeping, should I try and find one of these pillow pets as well?
I actually did find my peewee pillow pet (lady bug) to be superior. Sure it is cute and cuddly and super soft. But I find it multi-useful. When it is opened like a pillow I used it under my seatbelt or under the strap of my heating pad. When it is folded I can wedge it behind my back to help me get comfortable or wedge it at my belly when sleeping to make sure I don't roll onto my belly (which still hurts). The shape makes it easy to wedge it whereever you need extra support. Plus I could use it as an arm rest and my cat learned quickly she was not allowed on my belly when lady bug was there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Re: pillow pets

I have to admit I bought myself thus Zebra Pillow Pet and named her Stella. She is the perfect size for me and I don't go anywhere without her. To hear my husband and son ask me if I want Stella is pretty cute too. The pillow really is a big help.
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:35 PM

Which pillow pet size is better? My daughters have the large ones..might have to get myself one too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2012, 09:39 PM

I prefer the pee wee pillow pet its smaller and not as bulky.
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:48 PM

Hi Sisters -
I treated myself to the smaller size pillow pet... purchased at my daughter's favorite store Justice! I have the mini Zebra whom I have proudly named Zoe the Zebra. I absolutely love Zoe and I take her everywhere, not that I have gone many places.. LOL!

I do want to share with you that I was snuggling Zoe in the pre-op area while I was waiting for surgery. I held her tight while getting my IV and when I was wheeled away into the surgery room. While being moved from the gurney to the surgery table, I asked what I was to do with Zoe. My fabulous Dr. came to see what I was talking about, gave Zoe a little squeeze and said Zoe could stay with me :-) While I am sure they put her somewhere during surgery, all I know is that when I woke up in recovery, Zoe was right where I left her..... on my tummy. What a relief in recovery to have my Zoe right there with me.

Personally, I love the mini pillow pet, but at a minimum, you will definitely want a smaller pillow for the ride home between you and the seatbelt, for coughing, sneezing, laughing (yes, you will laugh again!)
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:15 PM

I agree the mini or wee I think it's called, was most helpful to me. I got the dolphin and at two weeks post-op today, still sleep with her snuggled against my tummy. She brought great comfort between me and the seat belt on that painful ride home from the hospital and was an extra measure of support when I rode in the car again one day last week back to my doctor.

This is the PeeWee Pillow Pet dolphin I got. I found mine at Walmart for $12.

I also got a non-brand pillow pet butterfly which is more of the standard sized and used her more during my first few days at home when I needed more support. Speaking of support, do yourselves a HUGE favor and get an abdominal binder! Just as important as the pillow pet IMO!

This is the butterfly I got, she is gorgeous and just as plush as my dd's brand name pillow pets:

My belly binder came from the Hyster Sisters store, I splurged for the pocket binder with ice packs! One of the BEST gifts I ever got myself! Wear it the first time and every time they make you get out of bed, when you have to ride in the car, when you have to get out of bed, when you sleep to make moving easier. I use mine more than my pillow pet at this point. Have it on right now as I am typing from my bed!

http://www.hysterectomystore.com/tum...-2-cool-packs/

SO grateful for the pillow pet threads here, I would never have known otherwise!!
Unread 01-11-2012, 02:30 AM

I'm going to purchase a bumble bee pillow pet to match my bumble bee tattoo.
Unread 01-11-2012, 11:17 AM

Its hard to pick one. Can i justify 10 pillow pets for recovery? I looove the turtle too. Is all the blood loss making me loose it?
Unread 01-11-2012, 12:14 PM

I have a very large NY Giants bear pillow pet that hubby got me as a Christmas present - he had no idea how helpful it would be. Especially at keeping my little dog from jumping on my belly. Thanks to whoever gave that idea in this site !
Unread 01-11-2012, 12:18 PM

I hadn't planned on getting one but saw them at Walgreens the day before my surgery and bought the small one ((penguin). So glad I did. Not a stuffed animal type of person but it is soft and cuddly and strangely comforting. Sleep with it tucked under my side for support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register