I'm horrible and mean :( - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm horrible and mean :( I'm horrible and mean :(

Unread 01-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Re: I'm horrible and mean :(

I have devoted the last year to reading every book I can get my Kindle hands on from Amazon, no price too high, and every doctor that has written about bio-identical hormones, has said that progesterone is more important than estrogen in a lot of cases. It is a misnomer that only estrogen is needed...most of the time, it is actually progesterone that is needed....and that will stop hot flashes as well AND introduce a calming effect. Our adrenals and fat cells contine to produce estrogen. If you don't have a uterus, you have no progesterone - which balances estrogen.

I have been taking compounded progesterone cream for the last 4 months and have been introducing an extremely small amount of estrogen in occasionally with excellent results. I'm still working with it, but my hot flashes have subsided for the most part.

I could go on and on on this topic as I have researched long and hard. I suggest that most line doctors don't know what the heck they're talking about and should be taken with a grain of salt. I feel that if they had actually "doctored" me, I would not be here right now - missing my female parts. <oops! please do not override the website censor>. I educated myself a couple years too late. I am now awake and aware and <oops! please do not override the website censor>. If you need references, let me know. It's shocking...the misinformation out there.

Any doctor who says: "Since you don't have your uterus, you don't need progesterone," needs to be fired immediately. Come on ladies, we're smarter than a fifth grader.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 11:54 PM

(((FreakyDeaky))) congratulations on all your research. However, you still have an ovary, and the OP of this thread does not. Your body is able to use progesterone much more efficiently than hers can. Most, if not all, of the books out there are written with women in natural, not surgical, menopause in mind - ie, women with at least one ovary. It makes a HUGE difference.

It is simply NOT true that "if you don't have a uterus, you have no progesterone". Our bodies, uterus or not, make progesterone from dietary cholesterol. For many of us, the amount we make naturally is sufficient and we do not need to supplement. Progesterone does NOT stop hot flashes, estrogen does; our bodies *may* be able to make estrogen from progesterone, though those with ovaries do so much more easily than those without. Your situation is simply not the same as that of the member who started this thread; you cannot compare apples and oranges.

I've been on this website not for the year you've been researching but for almost TEN years now and have read many thousands of threads written by thousands of women during that time. Experience tells us that women without ovaries and without a uterus *may or may not* benefit from the use of natural progesterone and in most cases do not use it as efficiently as women in natural menopause.

I'd also ask that you re-read our website's TOS... we do ask that women post kindly and in proper language and not override the website's censor - it's there for a reason. Doctor bashing is also not allowed here.

s,
-Linda
Unread 01-11-2012, 11:54 PM

One more note...my doctor said that to me but I can't fire her right now because I'm in an HMO and she's the only one who can right the prescription, so I have to manipulate. She took my parts, I'm going to get what I want in return...seems like a fair trade. Knowledge is power - do not trust the medical community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 11:59 PM

My apologies...I should not post in anger - thanks for the reminder.

I have one ovary left that is on it's last breath, so I pretty much consider myself as pretty much there...but one never knows.

I do know that progesterone has helped me immensely. I will be quiet now. Good luck everyone.
Unread 01-12-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyDeaky View Post
I have devoted the last year to reading every book I can get my Kindle hands on from Amazon, no price too high, and every doctor that has written about bio-identical hormones, has said that progesterone is more important than estrogen in a lot of cases. It is a misnomer that only estrogen is needed...most of the time, it is actually progesterone that is needed....and that will stop hot flashes as well AND introduce a calming effect. Our adrenals and fat cells contine to produce estrogen. If you don't have a uterus, you have no progesterone - which balances estrogen.

I have been taking compounded progesterone cream for the last 4 months and have been introducing an extremely small amount of estrogen in occasionally with excellent results. I'm still working with it, but my hot flashes have subsided for the most part.

I could go on and on on this topic as I have researched long and hard. I suggest that most line doctors don't know what the heck they're talking about and should be taken with a grain of salt. I feel that if they had actually "doctored" me, I would not be here right now - missing my female parts. <oops! please do not override the website censor>. I educated myself a couple years too late. I am now awake and aware and <oops! please do not override the website censor>. If you need references, let me know. It's shocking...the misinformation out there.

Any doctor who says: "Since you don't have your uterus, you don't need progesterone," needs to be fired immediately. Come on ladies, we're smarter than a fifth grader.
I've found out for myself that progesterone isn't the answer to everything as some Dr.s have stated. As a matter of fact, using progesterone cream can really backfire as it builds up in the fatty tissues. If that happens there is nothing you can do but wait it out. You've only been using it for 4 months. Keep an open eye and mind as time goes on. Sometimes progesterone doesn't balance estrogen...it intereferes with it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register