Best Wishes to our January 12 Princesses - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best Wishes to our January 12 Princesses Best Wishes to our January 12 Princesses

Unread 01-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Re: Best Wishes to our January 12 Princesses

I too can't sleep! Been tossing and turning all night. I'm thinking about my last day at work and everything I need to get done before I walk away. I supervise a team of 8 awesome managers and even though I know they will be fine, I want to make sure I don't dump too much on them. I'm thinking about all the pain I'll be in come Thursday. All my friends keep telling me about the people they know who had this done and how it's no big deal. Well it's a big deal to me and I don't do well with pain! At my pre op, they had a hard time drawing blood and had to finally stick me in my hand. Ouch! That does not make me feel good about that IV and where they will have to eventually put it! I am just a worry wart! Always have been, but normally I worry about everyone else. I don't think I've ever worried about myself this much. Ok, let me try this sleep thing again. I have a full day tomorrow and need to be alert!

Best wishes to all my sisters out there preparing for their surgery. We will come through just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 05:23 AM

I finally fell asleep for a little while, I feel better now. I am so not afraid, I know God is in control and the bible says fear not 365 times and there are 365 days in the year. I am just so excited!!! I am ready at work and I am ready at home, tonight I will pack my over night bag, while I am doing my prep. Well ladies I will love to hear how your prep is doing you tonight. See ya later tonight!!! This is almost over!!!!
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:26 AM

Hi Stephanie! I just packed a little make up bag with things like toothbrush/paste, lotion, chapstick, pads, & hand sanatizer. I'm going to wear loose cotton panties, pants, shirt & slippers to the hospital then just wear them home on Friday. (new undies on friday though) lol
I am scared too, so worried about drinking the mag. citrate tonight. You might want to pack your bag before you start..I've seen my husband take the bowel prep for his lower GI & trust me, packing a bag would NOT of been possible! WE will be on the "potty" a lot tonight & we won't feel the greatest. Good luck, if I'm feeling up to it I'm gonna check in tonight during my prep, might even take my laptop into the bathroom with me.
Best of luck tomorrow!!! See you on the other side!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 06:01 PM

Hey gals - been doing my bowel prep since 12:00 noon - it was the mag citrate - managed to get it down in several big gulps - rinsed with salt water - chewed a piece of gum - drank apple juice and then licked some salt off saltines and then popped a lemon drop - once the taste was out of my mouth all was well - have been to the bathroom a lot but not as much as when I did the prep for my colonoscopy. Been praying and trying to finish up last minute packing and cleaning. I do have a peace about it now and am ready to go get it done tomorrow. It will be at 1:00 p.m - so ready for it to be over and be on the other side! I hope all your bowel preps are going well and I will see you on the other side!!
Hugs and prayers to you all!
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:10 PM

I finished my prep. Feeling ok. Licking the salt off the cracker! So doing that! I just wish the nausia would end. Felling ok just excited. My surgeon is awesome! She called just to check up on me, she said if I could not finish all the prep, but got most of it down, I was good! Love this lady!
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytoheal View Post
I finished my prep. Feeling ok. Licking the salt off the cracker! So doing that! I just wish the nausia would end. Felling ok just excited. My surgeon is awesome! She called just to check up on me, she said if I could not finish all the prep, but got most of it down, I was good! Love this lady!
Good luck - so glad you got the prep down and hope the salt on the cracker works!! Sounds like you have an awesome surgeon!! Best wishes to you tomorrow!!
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:32 PM

Good luck to all of you! Scared but glad the wait is almost over!
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:06 PM

God will be with you ladies tomorrow. Had my RALH/BSO yesterday....a little sore today, but the pain I had before is gone...yay!!! See you ladies on the other side. Try to rest this evening.
Unread 01-11-2012, 11:41 PM

Thanks to you all for the good wishes and words of encouragement. My bag is packed - probably taking more than I need - my consultant said I may be discharged after five days, so having to take enough pyjamas to last that long. I've been up doing last minute cleaning/furniture re-arranging since 2am. Spent most of yesterday very aware of things I won't be able to do for a while: run up stairs, bend, stretch, carry weights of more than 5lbs and grateful for all the things I'll be able to do once I'm healed: book a holiday, wear what clothes I want, whenever I want and being spontaneous!!! Looking forward to starting HRT because I've been on hormone injections to shut down my remaining ovary that have made me very angry !!
Best wishes and warm fuzzy hugs to all
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:36 AM

I am off to the castle!! See you all on the other side!! Thanks for the support!! HUGS to all!!! God Bless!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register