Work Advice - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Re: Work Advice

I really am going to consider fighting for all women to get all the time they need to recover-this making us rush back to work is not right. It is not like we have hysterectomies for kicks or some R&R-far from it-I am hoping by MAY of this year I am symptom/pain free and able to get into my pool and garden, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 10:45 PM

I think that is a wonderful thing to do. I knew something was wrong. I called every doctor on my insurance list trying to get some help and not one of them would see me until the doctor who did the surgery released me. NOT ONE. I did not have an advocate when I could not advocate for myself. Insurance companies need to get a clue as well. They said they would not see me because of the insurance issue......no kidding. crazy stuff.
Unread 01-19-2012, 11:02 PM

I have a very physical demanding job ( walking stairs, lifting 20lbs, working 12hr shift work). I had a TVH, and my doc put me returning to work at the 7 week mark. I am in week 5 now so I have been lifting a little more basically trying to get back in the swing of things. I am dead tired. My ab's are sore, and my calf muscles hurt bad. My company does not offer light duty so once my doc releases me I am supposed to ne at 100%. I need the $$$, but I am not starving. I def think when I go for my 6 week ck up I am going to ask for a couple of more weeks off. I need to feel comfortable doing my job duties (which I can practice at home next week) before I go back to work. With my job there is no going home. If I am hurting I am stuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 11:11 PM

I totally agree. It is very difficult to balance the need to eat and the need to get well. From some of the things I have read here I think it would have been helpful if I had used the oh shoot......is it called swelly belly belt or something like that. It supports the tummy. That may have helped me but I did not know about it.
Unread 01-19-2012, 11:14 PM

My disability will pay for however long, so far been off 5 weeks. I 'm seeing Dr tomorrow-I'm so not ready to go back in a week-after my one class tonight I just can't do it-I need another 5 weeks I swear, but my job wont allow it. This is so deceiving-we feel better, look better, but wham, it still hits ya hard.
Unread 01-19-2012, 11:22 PM

I feel like when a doc releases you at 6 weeks it should not be to go straight back to work. I think as women we need time with our husbands(emotionally/ physically )that we have lacked for the past 6 weeks. We also want to be able to try to run, and play with our kids. The house needs to be deep cleaned. Give us 2 weeks for that, and then we should go back after the 8-9 week mark. When you go back to work your family thinks everything is ok. If you go back at 6 weeks we will be resp for everything else.
Unread 01-19-2012, 11:28 PM

Kathy1979- That's exactly what I know. I am def going to convince my doc that I am not ready. I have a work folder with pics/ papers in it regarding my job. Before he examines me Tues I am showing the file to him. I am going to let him know that if I go back and get hurt it's all of him.
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:39 AM

hello sisters. i need your help. i am 3 weeks post op with an appt. with my doctor next week. she originally said i could return to work in 4 weeks and sounds pretty stern aboit it. i had tlh with bso. i am truly not ready, i am so tired to the point of being sick to my stomach. i have shaky legs every day. my job is up and down all day. how can i get my doctor to write me out for a few more weeks? i am so worried.
Unread 01-20-2012, 07:16 PM

Mrs- Write down a list of your symptoms and the problems you've been having. If your doctor won't extend your time, go to your family doctor.

Hope everything goes well!! *hug*
Unread 01-21-2012, 08:59 AM

Thanks MZ. I'll do just that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register