anyone having trouble focusing or attention span? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone having trouble focusing or attention span? anyone having trouble focusing or attention span?

Unread 01-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Re: anyone having trouble focusing or attention span?

Such a relief to know Im not alone with these symptoms. I did read an article that said rest does help mitigate the fogginess....I hope so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth L View Post
Anesthesia, pain killers, and hormones..oh my!
LOL - Dorothy in her later years?

I had that dopey anesthesia business going on but it cleared up around week 4/5 and I was doing great for a couple of weeks - then BAM! I got hit with the mother of all brain fogs. Plus crashing fatigue - an exhaustion I can't fight, no matter how hard I try.

I've got 2 of the 7 dwarfs covered - Dopey and Sleepy - and if I don't get it under control soon we can add Grumpy, too. Grrrr!

Have an appointment with my doctor to discuss possibilities and options in the morning. Wish me luck!
Unread 01-22-2012, 06:44 PM

I work in the libray at a High School and told the kids I was going for a reading break!

I was soooo excited when I had at last finished the big book my daughter gave me I had to text her straight away. It had taken me 9 weeks!

I am now reading some lovely THIN books, no more than 200 pages, and have been able to get through 1 a day. I can really recommend that. Sudenly I don't feel so woolly headed.

Lots of us in our date club have been posting about our need to write everything down because we can't hold thoughts together.

Have you noticed lots of typing mistakes as you post messages too. Even if I proof read, I still spot where I have completely scrambled letters.
Spelling! It just took me 4 attempts to spell completely!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2012, 07:34 PM

I should be a genious I've been resting so much then.

Ugh-I hope I don't have typing issues, I do it for 90% of my job.

I'm worried mine will last forever since I cannot take any hormones.
Unread 01-22-2012, 08:00 PM

i swear i am losing.....what was it u sed?....lol I totally agree, i forget what i am saying cant remember where I started or if i started and forget spelling i have trouble prouncing words correctly lord i hope it passes
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:55 PM

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one i'm at 5 weeks. At least I know my son and hubby name now mine on the other hand is ...........
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:08 AM

I chalked that up to the anesthesia and pain meds. It took 2 - 3 weeks for me to feel like i had my brain back.
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:13 AM

oh boy, I better be better with this when I return to work in a few weeks-I work for a Neurologist, LOL! Everyone will be on me and thinking I need his treatment-oh my!
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:29 AM

Grrrrr.....I just made a fuzzy brain mistake here at work (flipping the records for two similarly titled books) that took far too long to fix. And proceeded to make a couple of flaky mistakes in the process of fixing the problem. *And* I went back to caffeine (hot flashes be ****ed). Please tell me this gets better soon.
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:32 AM

How frustrating tbjauquet. It is my biggest fear-I don't think I can work at full speed right away when I return, and I am normally a big hustler all day long who multi-tasks, thrives on insanity. If I am moving slower, working fewer hours and making mistakes, well, what am I going to look like then to my employer? Ugh.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register