hello | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:13 PM
hello

ok, im back online now, i filled out the survey as best as i could, they didnt tell me much, or i was still out of it when they did,lol,ok...here goes..
it started for me few months ago, i would overdo moving furniture or some stupid superman move, and threw my back out. ( im 44, caring for my 86 yr old dad) so, my back hurts, no big, ill just kick back few days, be fine right? nope.....my back got so bad it would lock, shooting pains, no position would be comfortable to stand/sit/lay, so i finally went to a chiropractor. figured back hurts, chiropractor..understand, i never get sick. when i do, i heal quick. i have a very high threshold for pain, i could have a busted leg and walk across the room to slap a fool, ( not really, but you get the idea) the chiropractor says goto emergency room now, this may be a kidney thing. great. the hospitol in my town is NOT one you want to go to, but i did anyway, after several hours of being ignored and in pain, i left. grab a small bottle of whiskey, rest and ill be good to go. still got worse. my dad is very active 86, but acts 8 half the time ( your not the boss of me,ill climb any **** ladder i want.type dude)so i couldnt take it, i grabbed my dog and my laptop and headed to the beach. its close to my house, and i found a decent hotel thats affordable for when i need to get away from caregiving.my back did not get better, i finally went to the ER in that town,next county over, they ran few tests, but gave me pain killers, sent me on my way. ok. few weeks go by, im sick as a dog. like excrusiating pain in my back and gut, throwing up,it was bad.i callapsed in the hall and dad literally stepped over me on his way to bingo! now it goes from 'its all in my head' to ' you must be drunk or something'.turns out i twisted something inside because my overies were swollen.after dad left, i drove back to the beach, my solitude, he cuts my credit card off.so im sick throwing up in the motel, then my nose starts gushing blood like a faucet and i got scared.called my friend, and drove myself to the ER in the other county again ( close to hotel, way better hospitol) THATS when they ran me through test after test after test, my poor dog is in the car, im broke out of town and they tell me i need surgery. NOW. overys out..but me being me, more worried about my dog, i told them ill walk out that door, im not doing surgery today.
now i mention its in a different county for a reason.im on medical in santa barbara county, the hospitol ER in san luis obispo county. so next begings my medical fun.my primary care provider, in SB co, was on vacation. am i an emergency? nobody is in the eyes of medical.finally they called in this docs temp, who looks at me and says 'you need surgery'.im like, duh dude, preaching to the choir here, he says 'no, we got your blood work back you need surgery NOW'.so 2 1/2 months later,they finally schedual surgery for me for jan4th.cool cottage hospitol, VERY good hospitol. they had worrys about cancer, my overys were swollen so much it was almost making other stuff burst, like my gallbladder,the surgeoun didnt know if he'd be taking out my overys or full hysterectomy, they would decide that while i was on the table. they went with full hysterectomy. laproscopic, witch is cool, just a few small red sores, that are healing fast, and no stitches. they glued me back together.. the worst part was they have such a hard time finding my veins, they ran my IV through my neck.ouch. usually hospitol stay for the overys was 2-3 days, full hysterectomy 5-6. i went in wed, out friday. let me again mention how great cottage hospitol and staff are, if it werent for them i wouldnt have been able to get out so soon. but as soon as i could eat solid food, pee and poo, then i could go home. ive been having abdominal trouble since, but thats to be expected. it is getting better everyday.
the weirdest part? they talk about the gas pains, they said its common for the gas pain to be as high as my shoulder!! and that ones a killer, but it passes if you mve around.
i think the key to anything like this is to go into it KNOWING that you got this, it will be no sweat.
ive still got a lot unanswered, but i dont see the surgeoun for my follow up until the 18th, so next week.
its really amazing what they can do nowadays, but as always, doctors are humans, you must want to heal yourself if you want to get better quickly...
sorry if this was long, but a lot happened in a few months time.
oh, my 'family'? my nefew has stage 4 cancer, hes young,20s, his is horrible thing, i was so very lucky that mine was in a part they could cut out of me, but you'd think that recently going through this, they would be supportive. nope... not one phone call since ive been out, no cards,flowers, nothing. so i guess my point of mentioning this is you cant live your life careing about others. when it comes right down to it, you are your own island. the ladies that have supporting family, give them a huge hug for me. they may annoy you, but at least you have them..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Re: hello

Wow, that is some story! Read the hysterectomy check points and follow your doctors orders on restrictions so you heal properly!
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Re: hello

i have been checking out this site, you have so much info here! its great, because i really wasnt told much about anything, if they told me, i was too looped to remember. lol. but i think im so far so good.
i consider myself pretty lucky, im not having a lot of the problems ladies here are having, i really belive its the mind set you have going into this that is going to make a difference.. but kudos to this site, its really got tons of info!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register