why isn't it better??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

why isn't it better??? why isn't it better???

Unread 01-11-2012, 03:28 PM
why isn't it better???

So I had laperoscopy assist through vaginal. They just took the uterus due to vericose veins covering it. Left the rest, the pain has gotten a bit better but still is hurting & still bleeding Dec 20 was my surgery. I've gone bk for 2 week post op twice due to this. Both times coderised some cells from the cuff, I guess. Why do I feel like I made a mistake by doing it yet that was the only solution for the amount of pain & heavy 2 months of bleeding non stop.??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Re: why isn't it better???

I'm sorry you're having troubles. This surgery isn't easy! You're still early on in your recovery so try to be patient with yourself as your body heals. It will get better! Remember its a marathon not a sprint.
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:10 PM

Thank you I appreciate that a lot, it helps to know there is a lot of other women in my situation. Cuz it is along marathon for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 09:19 PM

I had my surgery Nov 22. Dr told me I had severe vericose veins also. I haven't been able to find much information about it anywhere, have you? I am 7 weeks out now and I'm not wearing a pad or anemic, you will feel better soon. Also, at 2 weeks out, 3 weeks out, and 6 weeks I had the SN treatment for light bleeding, but now it is gone. Nothing bothering me except the swollen belly at night.
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM

I haven't really found out anything except its becoming more comman, & doctors don't have much info on why or what causes it. Did they take everything or just the uterus as well as me?
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:26 PM

Oh, and sorry but what's the SN treatment? I'm new to this site and even writing about me. Trying to get in with the new. Lol
Unread 01-12-2012, 02:30 PM

'getting through' -SN is a Silver Nitrate treatment. It is a healing solution the dr puts on the area that is bleeding. I had my cervix and uterus removed- and kept my ovaries. I had the robotic Davinci Hysterectomy
Unread 01-12-2012, 02:37 PM

Oh, see that's what they did on me last week. But, I'm still bleeding. It's just getting old, can't wait to be my happy pain free person again!! Having a baby was so much easier it seems like,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register