Overwhelmed by everything | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Overwhelmed by everything Overwhelmed by everything

Unread 01-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Overwhelmed by everything

Just found out that I have to have a TAH. Doctor recommends removal of ovaries. Am totally overwhelmed by it. Hubby trying to be supportive. I feel like a crazy woman. I want to laugh,cry, and scream. I am not normally like this. Thanks for letting me ramble on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Re: Overwhelmed by everything

I am sorry that you have to go through this. If it is of any help at all what you are feeling is very normal. It's a very emotional time. With that being said, if you need to cry then cry. If you want to scream, lock yourself in your room and scream into your pillow. Let it out in whatever way it helps you. Most of us have done the same thing and you have found a great support system here.

Good luck,
Tracy
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:51 PM

We are here to help, If you would like to talk about it. Just had my hyster yesterday, and they removed everything. What is going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 07:08 PM

I don't know whether to keep my ovaries or not. I didn't want to have a TAH, but my fibroids are the same size as my uterus so they can't be removed vaginally. I haven't had major surgery before so I guess I am a little nervous. Thanks for all your support.
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:19 PM

I had the pre surgery breakdown this past weekend....cried all weekend! I feel better now and all the sisters are so supportive anf helpful....it will be ok! My surgery got bumped back another week so I know how you feel!
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:28 PM

I was also very overwhelmed when my doctor recommended a total hysterectomy with BSO (so ovaries are gone). I think it's so very normal to be overwhelmed and emotional. It definitely helped me to hear from other women who had been through the
same thing. Big hugs to you.
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:45 PM

I am having a LAVH with possible incision depending on how much the endo has advanced on January 30th. I have been a mix of emotions! Excited to be out of pain, have relief in sight, terrified of dying in surgery, scared of post op pain, worried about bills and recovery, just plain emotional! But mainly i am glad for relief after i recover. Good luck!

Tina
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:02 PM

Prickly Rose - I felt exactly like you when I first heard the words "hysterectomy" and "you need one" in the same sentence!

Here's a link to the Pre-Op section, including a new video with some common questions/answers, and a good list of questions to ask your doctor before surgery.

Just speaking from my own experience, it can be worthwhile getting a second or third opinion from a surgeon that is skilled in minimally invasive procedures (laparoscopic or robotic), as they can determine if you are a candidate for that procedure.

Regarding your ovaries, it is excellent that you are asking questions about this! Ask your doctor(s) for specifics on why it is required that they remove both of your ovaries.

You've come to the right place for support and hugs from women who know exactly what you are going through!

Unread 01-11-2012, 08:47 PM

I'm in the same spot, sort of. I postponed the surgery in October and had my pre-op appt today. Lots of reasons to proceed but still overwhelmed and not knowing what life looks like with no uterus! Never thought it would bother me to have it out, but apparently it does!
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:00 PM

This is my second opinion and the ovary issue is that one is good and the other has scar tissue all over it. The Dr. said it would be easier on me if she took all of it out now since I am almost 50 years old. Less wear and tear on me. She seems to be knowledgable on all the procedures and I asked bunches of questions I found on this website. My doctor was impressed with my questions. She is going over everything step by step. Thanks for all of your help and support. Laurie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register