Scheduled LSH NERVOUS---Having second thoughts... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

NERVOUS---Having second thoughts... NERVOUS---Having second thoughts...

Unread 01-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Re: NERVOUS---Having second thoughts...

HI!I have no real advice just some support and can share my story. I Had a TVH Dec. 20th after many years of heavy bleeding, passing huge clots and fibroids. I too had second thoughts but I am so happy I did it! I am almost 4 weeks post op and am feeling pretty good. I still have those tired days, still have occasional spotting and some back pain but I know now I will have no more heavy periods where I can't go to work or where I am scared to leave the house! No more trying to plan camping trips around my very confusing cycle and packing pads just in case! I have my life back and I am sure you will be just as happy once it is done also!
I was scared and cried on the way to the OR room, was still crying as they put the mask on me and was giving me meds thru the IV to knock me out. Woke up and felt good, only a bit crampy like slight period cramps, only needed motrin for the pain!
Best of Luck and remember it is normal to be scared and to have those second thoughts! Just try to look ahead at the future of NO MORE PERIODS!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM

my surgery is at 9:00 am tomor and I am freaked out! I know I am doing the best thng for me but still freaked out by all the horrible stories I have read! I do not want to gain any more weight, I hope to loose after surgery!!!uggghhhh
Unread 01-12-2012, 06:37 PM

Thank you all for your advice & support!
I wish you all the best of luck and an easy recovery...we are doing/have done the best thing for ourselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2012, 03:51 PM

I have my surgery on the same day. I am also really scared and nervous about the procedure for the same reasons. I had the same thoughts that you did about just not doing it and dealing with the pain. The time seems to be going in slow motion for me. I want the day to get here so I can deal with recovery. I am told the same thing that being nervous is totally normal. I hope that we both ease out of being so nervous about the surgery.
Unread 01-15-2012, 04:01 PM

My surgery was on Friday the 13 I was in room 13 and actual time of procedure was1301 ... Crazy right? Well I am home and feeling sore and bloated from all the gas that has yet to pass.....I went for a long walk and showered today..no pain meds used today either really hope this bloated belly gets gone, I think after that I will be on track...
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:43 PM

Hi! Hope you're feeling good. Glad to here that everything went well. Did you have it done laparoscopically?
All best to you for a quick recovery
Unread 01-17-2012, 12:45 PM

I know that nervous feeling; I wanted to cancel surgery SO many times. I thought, too, I could "just live with" the pain.

Now, 4 wks post-op, I am kicking myself for not having it done back in 2005 when my doctor said I should. I have endured six years of needless pain and suffering of my quality of life. Fainting from anemia. Bleeding for a month straight. All the vacations, family gatherings I missed due to severe cramping. Uterus being the size of a 6 mo pregnancy, hard to button jeans, feeling bloated ALL the time.

I was told in the hospital it would NOT be normal to NOT be nervous, because then, I really wouldn't be understanding what I was doing. Nervousness is natural with any surgery.

I am SO glad I did this for me; I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. There is no reason to live with pain. When I think about my quality of life and the things I've missed...

You (like me) are so lucky to have found this site before surgery; a lot of sisters didn't find it until afterwards. You can research and look up virtually any question/concern. You will be armed with tremendous knowledge.

I can't tell you "not" to be nervous, etc. You have to do what you think is best. From just one sister to another, I can tell you, I wouldn't go back and undo it. And I am so, so sorry I waited so long. I was in needless pain and spent too many hours miserable or in hospitals from anemia than I care to remember. I am looking forward to the beginning of a new, pain free, hassle free life.

Best wishes to you...keep us posted.
Unread 01-17-2012, 12:57 PM

You are expressing the very same condern I came here for. Am scheduled for 2/15/12. Was 100% for the surgery and am now getting very nervous. I know that being free of the monthly pain I have been dealing with all these years will be a wonderful thing... but the fear of the unknown is working its magic
Unread 01-28-2012, 08:49 AM

I had a LAVH in July 2011. So it has been almost 7 months for me. I am feeling good physically. Sometimes, emotionally I struggle, but I would advise if anyone is having second thoughts they should always get a second opinion. I think it would just help to take care of the second thoughts if both doctors agree. I did not get a second opinion and I really wish I had.
Unread 01-28-2012, 09:29 AM

Hello,
I am also going in 2-16 for LSH..Guess I have the same thoughts..Maybe I don't need it.
Reality is I do need it.
After heavy bleeding since Nov and a trip to the ER needing 3 bags of blood. My doc said I cannot go through this again.
Taking meds now just to stop the bleeding. It works but side effects are awful.
So..... I hope things go smoothly.
I'm afraid, nervous.
Maybe we'll hold each others hand in thoughts on that day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register