Very personal ? re orgasms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very personal ? re orgasms Very personal ? re orgasms

Unread 01-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Very personal ? re orgasms

Since getting home I have been practically drooling over the idea of sex. I want it. I can't have it. Being good and waiting for the post op check. Mine is 8 weeks due to my doc being away.

I've been taking care of hubby other ways but my frustration level goes through the roof. My hubby even checked (which I thought was adorable) to see if I could masturbate - no. He actually came to this site!

Twice since I came home on Dec 9th, I've had lucid dreams (I'm very aware I'm in a dream) and have had an orgasm. The first one not so great, this one due to my frustration level calmed my nerves regarding orgasms post surgery.
The thing is, and I've searched this site without answer, is that even though this is in my dreams and uncontrolled, the orgasms bring about very noticeable cramping perhaps a baseball sized area where my uterus use to be. While the orgasm got better - the cramping is the same. Has anyone experienced this?

I've been wanting to ask this since it first happened. But since I'm on antibiotics now (am sick -d'oh) I wonder if there's been infection 'there'. I'd love to hear any info/experiences etc on this.

PS: I cannot wait to be cleared for sex. Before surgery I dreaded sex and my drive dove. Getting this surgery done may have been the best thing I've done for me lately

hugs and love to all my sisters
Mimilly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2012, 05:45 AM
Re: Very personal ? re orgasms

Hi Mimilly. First, sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for a speedy recovery. Antibiotics aren't very fun.

Second, I had my TAH 12/14. Nevre in my life have I had a dream where I reached orgasm, but I've had two since my surgery. My doctor told us at my first post op appointment that manual stimulation is ok for me, but I'm still too nervous to give it a go, even though I am beyond sexually frustrated! I woke up in a bit of a panic both times, and felt lots of warmth and a little bit of pressure, but I never had any bleeding or anything. The second one had a slight crampy feel after I woke up, but I wouldn't necessarily call it painful.

I think our bodies definitely react the same way, or very similarly, during a dream orgasm as they would during a real one. Nothing we can really do to control it, but I think your situation varies from mine because your doc said no stimulation for you.

I just wanted you to know you aren't alone, and that I hope things turn around for you soon. Fortunately, every day gets us closer to the finish line!

Unread 01-12-2012, 06:04 AM

Me too! Pre-hyster, my drive was very high. I worried that, with an everything out hyster, this would all change. Nope. My drive is even crazier than before. I also had the dreams around week 2 or so. I worried about damage. I asked about masturbation and given a green light but I was fearful. At three weeks, I decided to give it a go and was blown away by the intensity of it. I had a mildly achey/crampy feeling the first couple of times but these feelings left quickly. I was released for sex at 8 weeks. The first time the achey/crampy thing happened but not since. My thought is that, with all the broken machinery gone, our bodies are just saying Hooray!!! My last DR appointment showed great healing, so I don't think we doing ourselves any harm. Who knows, maybe all that extra blood flow helps in the healing. As long as we pay attention to how we feel and follow DR's orders, we will be just great. Be well ladies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2012, 09:36 AM

I also have lucid sex dreams and am blown away by the intensity of my orgasms post hysterectomy. They are really strong and pleasurable. I had enormous fibroids so now that they are gone my drive has gone up and I am enjoying non penetration play with my husband.
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:47 AM

wow-I think something is wrong with me as pre-op we barely had sex and now that is the furthest thing from my mind. Maybe because I've been with the same man for 25 years?

Gosh, I feel I may never have desire again. Very happy for those of you who do though!
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1970 View Post
wow-I think something is wrong with me as pre-op we barely had sex and now that is the furthest thing from my mind. Maybe because I've been with the same man for 25 years?

Gosh, I feel I may never have desire again. Very happy for those of you who do though!
I've been with the same man for 27 years but the point is, every woman heals differently and my recovery was a non event, hardly any pain, no bleeding etc.

If you had a more difficult recovery then it is no wonder that sex is the furthest thing from your mind!

There is NOTHING wrong with you *hugs*
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:53 AM

I was so worried and scared about having sex. I kept wondering if it was going to hurt or if I was going to be dry or need lube. But everything was great! Probably TMI but the orgasm was great and my hubby said it felt tighter and oh so good.

I am so glad I waited longer than what the doctor said. When I went to see him at 5 weeks he said I still had stitches in the cuff and needed to wait another couple of weeks. Just to be sure, We waited an additional 2 weeks from when we got the ok to do it.

Ladies don't give in and be patient. let your body heal and I hope you have a great experience too!!
Unread 01-12-2012, 12:16 PM

Man this is great to hear all of these positive posts. Before my surgery, I had no sex drive!!!! I so enjoy being with my husband once in "the mood." It was just getting in the mood. I do hope that with all of the "Alien" gone things will be soooooo much better. I think I felt so bad for so long that I just didn't want to bother with sex and hurt even more!!! Yeah I can't wait now.....come on 4 more weeks!!!lol
Unread 01-12-2012, 02:25 PM

I am 2 weeks post op so have 4 more weeks to go..and man that is all I can think about..LOL. I so wanna go there......LOL. Haven't told my husband because he knows we can't anyway. but my dreams are wild too. I am looking forward to it without the pain I had with the endo.
Unread 01-12-2012, 02:32 PM

You know what else was great about the first post hyster sex? It was a first. Firsts are so great. We had been waiting for me to be released; talking about it, being anxious about it. It was just great, not ordinary. It was special. I know I sound like a romance novel, but it was just really good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register