Anyone else excited? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else excited? Anyone else excited?

Unread 01-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Anyone else excited?

I know that emotions are running really high for all of us as we approach our surgery dates, or are even just considering having this done. It is life altering and scary, but I can't help but feel so excited. I don't mean to down play anyone else's thoughts or feelings about having a hysterectomy, I can totally empathize with the fear and sadness. But for me I feel like I'm a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I'm so excited to not live in pain anymore and know that I will not have to deal with chemo/radiation and possibly pass away like so many women in my family have from this.

I'm not really sure what this post is about. Maybe I'm just trying to see if I'm nuts for not dreading this as much as everyone else. Compared to the nightmare my girlie parts have created, medical menopause sounds like a fair trade.

I dunno, maybe tomorrow I'll wake up and feel differently, lol.

(((HUGS)))
Kim
TVH/BSO
1/18/12

PS - Sorry if I offended anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Re: Anyone else excited?

You aren't nuts - I was exactly the same. Sometimes, when you're ready, you're really ready. And - my recovery was flawless. I believe in the power of positive thinking.

Best wishes!
Unread 01-13-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLila View Post
You aren't nuts - I was exactly the same. Sometimes, when you're ready, you're really ready. And - my recovery was flawless. I believe in the power of positive thinking.

Best wishes!
Thank you so much! I am defiantly READY, have been for the last 3-5 years actually, lol. I'm so happy to hear that your recovery went well and that you are doing good. It's so important to have people here that have been through it and have good things to say. Most women that feel great probably move on with their lives, so we don't get to hear all the positives. Kudos to you and others for helping us "newbies" through this crazy time! I'll be here post op, whether it's good or bad, to hopefully help others as much as everyone has helped me.
Thanks again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2012, 01:45 AM

Not offensive in the least!

I am definantly ready for my surgery on the 17th. I want it done, I need it done. I had my first laproscopic surgery at 13 and was diagnosed with endo. It seriously has ruled my life since. At 16 the doctors told my mother and I children would not be an option. at 26 I had my first daughter. 1 year 3 weeks later my second was born. My youngest turns 5 the day before my surgery. While I am emotional, confused, frustrated; I know that I will feel better after the surgery. I know that all the time I spent bleeding, in pain, sleeping, in the hospital; all that time away from my family will never have to happen again. Go ahead and be excited! I am with you!
Unread 01-13-2012, 04:23 AM

Right now i feel excited and ready. But even though I'm excited about life after recovery, I'm still scared about surgery itself. I wish there was another way to take care of this for good.
Unread 01-13-2012, 06:23 AM

I told my husband yesterday that one day I am going to wake up and I will be pain free. One day I will wake up and my first thought will be "What to do today" and not "which pills should I take first today". I am so ready to live my life again and to have this behind me. I am so frustrated with my body and feel like my uterus has betrayed me. I just want the offensive, demanding controlling organ out. I want my life ruled by my desires, my hopes and my dreams.. not pain, bleeding and bedrest.

Strangely, I am more upset about the biopsy. I had it in my head that I would be having the hyster, but the biopsy came out of the blue and that is upsetting to me. That is actually scary, to wait for those results. But the day of my surgery, I am going to be smiling and telling my surgeon "Thank you for giving my life back" . It's been a long time overdue. So No, you are NOT crazy and if you are.. I'm happy to be crazy with you.
Unread 01-13-2012, 06:32 AM

I have to say i'm excited as well, now, that may change a week or two before my surgery (which is 2/13) but, for now, I can't wait, I'm starting to get a little nervous, thinking I'm going absolutely crazy for looking forward to surgery, but I think I'm more looking forward to being pain free, and not having to take almost 20 ibprophren a day, just to make it through.
Unread 01-13-2012, 08:49 AM

Thank you for this topic. I am also very excited, but as the date approaches (this Wednesday), fears are trying to ruin my joy. I'm not sleeping well, and I had the most terrible panic attack/hot flash of my life yesterday.

Thank you for reminding me to try to stay in a place of excitement today. My life is starting new again - like graduating from high school - and for once, I am going to be in charge of what ever that means. No more bed rest, unpredictable and endless bleeding, and no more experimenting with drugs that NEVER work! It's my turn! Move over Aunt Flow! You won't hurt me anymore! I won't let you!!!!! I am woman hear me roar!!!!

lol - that felt good - lol!!!
Unread 01-13-2012, 11:04 AM

Not nuts. I was very excited to have my surgery. I had been in pain for so long and all I could think of was how much better I will feel...
Good luck...
Unread 01-13-2012, 10:58 PM

I was looking for the "like" button to hit! :-)

Nothing wrong with being excited, good for you!

You're a pefect person to come on the forum and "pep talk" this sisters! Some need it so much right now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register