Brilliant things people say when you tell them - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Brilliant things people say when you tell them Brilliant things people say when you tell them

Unread 01-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Re: Brilliant things people say when you tell them

My husband called his mom to break the news to her.... we really did think she was going to have a break down over it.... but she didn't. She told my husband this is really big Mani, you have to be there and take good care of her Mani. He said, it will be like having a baby its fine mom and hung up LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2012, 11:48 PM

People can seem insensitive sometimes but sometimes it could be because maybe they know something we don't. I've been homebound for a couple of years get out every so often and knew that I was gonna be strapped to the bed. I told my husband we were going out dancing no matter what. I will take my pills, drink whatever just so I could dance my heart out. As painful as it was I am glad I did. I sat in between songs. I got to listen to what I liked super loud. A few days before that I went to vnv nation concert. Lots of pain after that one. I felt ready for surgery though. I got away from the kids a much needed break.
Unread 01-14-2012, 02:22 AM

I received "What if you can't enjoy sex anymore?" ummmmm at least I can enjoy life again? Plus I wasn't enjoying sex so much anyway, I bled afterward and was all crampy.

The other "You should try something less evasive first......that's so permanent!" It's all I can do to not say "man I should have thought of that!!" of course I thought about something less permanent; but, at one point your options get pretty narrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2012, 03:21 AM
Brilliant things people say when you tell them

I was asked, by my female waxer, if I could still have kids after the procedure. Seriously? Are you ******* kidding me?!?! This is the woman who gives me a Brazillian wax and has a fairly intimate knowledge of the outside of many women's vaginas. I'm sure you know how badly I wanted to answer yes!!!
Unread 01-14-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonVixen View Post
I was asked, by my female waxer, if I could still have kids after the procedure. Seriously? Are you ******* kidding me?!?! This is the woman who gives me a Brazillian wax and has a fairly intimate knowledge of the outside of many women's vaginas. I'm sure you know how badly I wanted to answer yes!!!
You should have told her "yes, but my husband is going to carry them for me" and see what she says.
Unread 01-14-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonVixen View Post
OMG! I would have been so dumbfounded, I don't think I could have answered. I love Aviano0824's response.

I think if there were a prize for the dumbest comment, you win.
Unread 01-14-2012, 02:02 PM

My husband told his co-workers that I had a hysterectomy....their response was "Congratulations!! Did you have a boy or a girl??" He quickly gave them a biology lesson in the difference between a hysterectomy and a c-section! MEN!!
Unread 01-14-2012, 02:20 PM

When the nurse was prepping me for surgery, she asked if I was done having kids. Really??? What kind of question is that??? Um, yeah, it doesn't look good! FYI, I had a screwed up uterus (birth defect-unicornuate) and never was able to get pregnant even with the stupid thing. I've heard a lot of stupid insensitive questions in my day. We did adopt the best baby boy on the planet who is now 2.5. We wouldn't have him if things went as planned.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register