3 months post tampon storage | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months post tampon storage 3 months post tampon storage

Unread 01-13-2012, 11:15 AM
3 months post tampon storage

OK This is weird for me but it was not until I answered a post on a Pre surgery thread that I realized that I was still storing my tampons. My daughter does not use them and for life of me I can not understand why I have not thrown them away. At first I thought I might find someone who could use them but now it seems like I am just hanging onto them.
I am going to make to move today to get rid of them. I feel a bit sad about this. Strange.
Not that I ever want to go back to using them or will ever need them but it seems to be almost like putting away that part of my life. Now don't get me wrong, I was done with it all and feel so much better now. No more pain has been wonderful. But it feels like the final chapter of a book that I must close now.

I feel kind of silly even posting this but it just dawned on me that I was feeling like this.
Anyone else have these feelings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Re: 3 months post tampon storage

I threw my diva cup away yesterday... For me I think the feeling is still disbelief (I am 5 weeks post op). But looking at tampons and pads under the counter they seem odd to me now?? I don't really know how to explain it lol
Unread 01-13-2012, 01:42 PM

Don't think of it as "putting away a part of your life", but opening a brand new and BETTER chapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2012, 02:14 PM

I am four week post today, and had exactly the same thoughts today...nope I didn't throw them away either...still sitting right where I left them. (and I have teen sons, 5 yr old daughter...no one in my home is ever going to need them). Not sure why/what I'm holding on to.
Unread 01-13-2012, 02:38 PM

I thought I was the only one....tampons and pads still in the cupboard. I can't seem to get rid of them. I've even made excuses as to why I should keep them. I have no children and I'm pretty sure my husband won't be needing them.... This must be some weird grieving thing that I'm doing. I guess I'm good unless I get an urge to buy them.....NOT!!!! I feel oddly better posting this. Thanks : )
Unread 01-13-2012, 03:59 PM

Yup me too. For me it was my birth control. I was in the middle of a package when I had my surgery. I kept that package in the medicine cabinet for 6 months post op. I did not want to throw them out, didn't want to admit that I'll never need them again. I finally took a deep breath and tossed them (along with my period panties) on Dec 31. New Year, time to move on. It was hard to do. I'm glad you ladies understand. No one else would understand that.
Unread 01-13-2012, 04:07 PM

I had a box of tampons that I knew about, but hung onto them until after my surgery. I made a ceremony of dropping them, one by one, into the trash. My periods were so irregular, so painful, so annoying to plan around, it doesn't upset me to think I'll never again have to add tampons to my shopping lists. I saw bidding them farewell as a gesture of freedom and health!
Unread 01-13-2012, 05:06 PM

So glad to read this thread! I am surprised how many places I'm finding my monster-sized overnight pads (which were my regular pads). Glove box, every purse I own, every bathroom in the house, mud room, you name it!

When I am further into my recovery, I'm going to bag them all up and drop them off at a local women's shelter. Actually, I think I'll keep some of them to make some sort of cermonial art or something. Just to experience the closure and maybe take a picture of to remember. Hmmm...any ideas?
Unread 01-13-2012, 05:34 PM

Okay ladies, I had to do it. Here, without further ado for my sisters viewing pleasure....I present to you, my masterpiece!

I call it, "Wing-Free". It represents the 31 years of life I endured with my period. Commemorated with a mama pad, tampon and diva cup firework display.

Please note the pad with wings inside the three, it has special significance to me because I HATE those dang wings and darned if my dh didn't somehow manage to get them anytime I had to send him out.

I AM FREE FROM THE WINGS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admin. Note: Links to photos not allowed per TOS.

Wow, I had NO idea that would be so fun and liberating!
Unread 01-13-2012, 05:45 PM

Sparrow--I just saw this thread and I laughed SO hard. What a clever idea.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register