3 months post tampon storage - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months post tampon storage 3 months post tampon storage

Unread 01-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Re: 3 months post tampon storage

I am finding tampons everywhere.
Car, suitcases, purses, even the kitchen drawer not sure about that one.
I have so many of them... maybe I should make a necklace out of them... LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows Song View Post
It represents the 31 years of life I endured with my period. Commemorated with a mama pad, tampon and diva cup firework display.

Admin. Note: Links to photos not allowed per TOS.

Wow, I had NO idea that would be so fun and liberating!
ROFL... awesome! My private stashes too will soon have to be emptied!
Unread 01-13-2012, 06:42 PM

Love it.

I confess I eyed my remaining stash while wondering how many tampons it would take to sop up my neighbor's nasty unused swimming pool he hasn't cleaned in months. Art is nicer and more life-affirming, though.

They might also make good cat toys. Of course explanations might be awkward when kitty batted one into the room while you were having company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2012, 09:39 PM

LOL.. yu girls are too funny!

I haven't yet done anything with them either, still in the bathroom closet. Not attached not emotional, just afraid I may wake up from this dream and go back to the nightmare!

This is just too good to be true! :-)))
Unread 01-13-2012, 10:33 PM

So, I thought I would toss all of the tampons and pads. There are so many of them. I always had to buy in bulk! But then I got a text from one of the girls in my College/Career group at church. She asked if I could please bring her a pad because she had just started her period & had nothing with her. Ahhh! She knew who to ask. I also realized that I should keep them because I work with the youth group too and there are always the girls that aren't prepared. So for now I will keep all of the stuff and be thankful that I don't need to use them myself anymore. After years of bleeding through all of the pads and tampons that I had with me and running out (in high school, at church, in the grocery store... pretty much everywhere) I don't want other girls to face that embarrassment.
Unread 01-13-2012, 11:08 PM

I am donating the rest of mine to the local women's shelter. If you want to see the picture representing my hysterectomy celebration and freedom from 31 years of periods and pads, it is in my journal on my profile:: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/pic...&pictureid=290

Unread 01-14-2012, 01:36 AM

I'm only 8 days post op and already shoved mine into a bag to donate. I was laughing hysterically as I did it. We went to the pharmacy to pick up my script on the way home from the hospital and I giggled and pointed in the feminine hygiene asile. Of course some of that could be the Percocet.
Unread 01-14-2012, 07:02 AM

Mine will go to my daughter's stash, though I hope that she will NEVER need giant mega overnight super pads with mega wings.

I just remembered the frustration I had when my husband once offered to buy me pads because I was on the verge of running out. He never minded doing things like that. I had to explain to him. "They're Always--that's the brand. In the green bag. They have orange wrappers. Make sure it says "With wings" or else, you'll also need to buy some stain remover from the laundry aisle."

He left with this information, called me from the store saying "There are too many to choose from." I walked him through it again. Then he said "holy crap, these are expensive! How many of these do you go through in a month?" He asked, "Will 18 be enough?" and I laughed.

He was confident that he bought the right kind, and when he came home, they weren't right. They were too thin, too flimsy...papery...he bought some off-brand. I cried. Never one to over-react, this time I just lost it. He said "What's wrong? I thought these were the right ones." I told him that they wouldn't last me half an hour." He offered to go get me the right ones, and he said "What does it matter? I thought they were all the same."

I had to explain why they weren't the right ones and how each of them are different. That is the moment when it occurred to me that something about my body was not normal. It shouldn't be a big deal to buy the wrong pads. But for me, it was so frustrating.

So mine will go upstairs. I have quite a few. And if she does not need them, then I can give them to a shelter nearby. In fact that is such a good idea that I might buy MORE just to donate.
Unread 01-14-2012, 07:53 AM

I'm afraid I'm rather gleeful about no more tampons, pads, what-have-yous but then again, I'm almost 51 and started menstruating at 14 and was rather sick of 37 years of this. Plus my periods, being in perimenopause and also having fibroids, took forever to start so I felt swelly, bloaty, with sore boobs a good part of every month.

Blech. I found a tampon in my purse last night, twirled it around by its string like a Spanish bola and launched it at the garbage can -- missed -- but it felt so-so-good! I went by the ladies' section at the grocery store and almost thumbed my nose and said, "Nehny-nehny-boo-boo." OK, so you get the immature picture.

THAT said...there is NOTHING wrong with you feeling sad about anything you feel. Feelings are feelings. They are just as real as anything we experience in life. So, if you don't want to toss those pads yet, don't! One day, you will and on that day it will feel good. Until then, let them be. It's great you can be aware of how you feel and acknowledge it. We are all healing and we all go about that in different ways and stages and order of stages.

And we ALL need hugs so here's one from me to you!
Unread 01-14-2012, 12:56 PM

Oh SuperWife I have to laugh because in 17 years together my husband has not been able to master the art of buying tampoons. We women are so attached to our brand!

I have a 15 year old daughter who, unfortunately, already has issues with her cycle; but, we like different brands, lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register