3 months post tampon storage - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months post tampon storage 3 months post tampon storage

Unread 01-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Re: 3 months post tampon storage

Yes, Ma'am. How dare the grocery store run out of my brand of choice! It was a bad, bad day if that happened. I would have to go all over town looking for the "right" ones. Oh, and when I found coupons for my pads, it was greatness! *It's the little things!*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2012, 01:16 PM

I switched purses not long ago and found a bunch of tampons stuffed in the zippered pocket inside. It felt odd taking them out and finding a new use for the pocket. Not sure why I am a wee bit sad over it.
Unread 01-14-2012, 01:58 PM

I started thinking that I may only have a box or two of tampons left, then the one post reminded me of my zipper pouch in my purse... there has to be 3-4 different flow varieties and it's STUFFED! Not to mention all my other purses and pockets and whatnot! I wonder how long I'm going to be finding these things... lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2012, 02:42 PM

I finally got to the point where I could no longer use tampons. TMI but there was too much blood. I could ONLY use overnight pads--even during the day. And then, those wouldn't hold everything.

I used to buy handbags based upon the size of the pocket inside so I could put pads in there. Now I might have to buy myself a new handbag without a mega inner pocket....Hmmmm. And some white pants!
Unread 01-14-2012, 04:10 PM

Oh You gals gave me the perfect idea on what to do with them. I am going to bring them to our church's women's room for anyone who needs them. I remember how it was to have to leave church because I could not find a tampon or pad... whoo hoo...
Unread 01-15-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyqt View Post
I'm only 8 days post op and already shoved mine into a bag to donate. I was laughing hysterically as I did it. We went to the pharmacy to pick up my script on the way home from the hospital and I giggled and pointed in the feminine hygiene asile. Of course some of that could be the Percocet.
I was clipping coupons while my daughter was over yesterday and found one for tampons and automatically started clipping. and stopped myself, and started waving the page around laughing and singing to my daughter: "I don't have to buy these anymore!!!" I'm going to take my extra's to work and put them in the emergency stash cupboard in the bathroom for my co-workers...luckily I let myself run very low since I was taking Megestrol for the last month before surgery so my holiday's wouldn't be lousy.... didn't work very well but it definately helped...
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:24 PM

Too funny gals! I'm only 4 weeks post op and keep seeing my tampons under the sink, in the closet, in my purse...but haven't gotten rid of them either. I think I'm in denial that I'll really NEVER use another tampon again. I finally took the birth control out of my purse...but I didn't throw it out! Lol its in the medicine cabinet. I'm sure once I'm all healed up and the spotting stops and the Dr tells me I'm good to go I'll snap into reality!
Unread 01-18-2012, 11:11 AM

I was more than happy to gather all my unused tampons out of the bathroom closet and give them to my daughter 3 days after surgery! To me, I looked at it as a "freedom" feeling!
Unread 01-18-2012, 02:37 PM

Wow I'm so glad I read this thread!!! I feel exactly the same and was wondering why. lol I hated buying those HUGE pads but getting rid of them all made me sad. They are still in my cabinet. Glad I'm not the only one feeling like this.
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:33 PM

Im still laughing baout the cat toy. LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register