Bleeding question 4 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding question 4 weeks post op Bleeding question 4 weeks post op

Unread 01-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Bleeding question 4 weeks post op

4 weeks Davinci today. Lost everything (cervix also).

Whenever I do anything physical-cleaning bathrooms, shopping, basically on my feet-I bleed-not brown, but red. When I'm off my feet I only have occasional minimal brown discharge, and pink with black flecks when I wipe.

I wouldn't say the red is alot, but I always feel it, like a gush I used to feel when I had periods, but it's only a tablespoon or two.

Just wondering how long to expect this to go on-I'm guessing from all the reading I do on here it's the vaginal cuff that is bleeding? I also experience cramping during this-and without any parts left in me I don't get what is really cramping in there?

Thanks for all answers. You girls are great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Bleeding question 4 weeks post op

Seems like u been doing too much. U shouldn't even Have a red blood discharge at all. Means something is wrong. Try to stay off Your feet till u talk to Your Dr. U might pull some stitches inside or something. I had spots or discharge. For the whole six weeks but Its more like orange pink Then it turned it to light brown. Dr said it was normal.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1970 View Post
4 weeks Davinci today. Lost everything (cervix also).

Whenever I do anything physical-cleaning bathrooms, shopping, basically on my feet-I bleed-not brown, but red. When I'm off my feet I only have occasional minimal brown discharge, and pink with black flecks when I wipe.

I wouldn't say the red is alot, but I always feel it, like a gush I used to feel when I had periods, but it's only a tablespoon or two.

Just wondering how long to expect this to go on-I'm guessing from all the reading I do on here it's the vaginal cuff that is bleeding? I also experience cramping during this-and without any parts left in me I don't get what is really cramping in there?

Thanks for all answers. You girls are great.
Unread 01-14-2012, 02:49 AM
Re: Bleeding question 4 weeks post op

I bled until 10 weeks post op. Especially with the things you described.

Try and take it easy, but also talk to your dr and make sure there isn't a stitch still in there that could be causing some of the bleeding. That was my problem. A stitch didn't dissolve in my cuff, and was keeping it from healing.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2012, 09:07 AM

I just feel like it's totally not acceptable to be doing nothing at 4 weeks now-I'm sure you know what I mean.

I feel I am taking it easy-clean a bathroom, wash some small dishes, sit or lay back down-I dont' think that is too much, right?

can I ask what the doctor did for a stitch not healing?? Now I'm a little worried/scared to be honest.

I didn't really notice the blood was actually red as I got some great new pads where it sucks the discharge onto a darker colored strip and keeps you dryer, but when I turned the pad upside down I saw it was def red this past week for sure, if not previous.

Darn it-I was just getting into doing things and figured I'd be raring to go in two more weeks if I kept up this pace-I can't imagine being told to slow down at this point and have to sit around mostly again-I'm so sick of it.
Unread 01-14-2012, 11:12 AM

In my. Case with the stitch he just pulled that sucker out. I bleed pretty bad that day but it tapered off good and the discomfort I was feeling is gone too. He gave me done estrogen cream to use up there to help thicken the lining of my wall and that has helped too. I imagine if I has been more faithful
With it and used it as often as i should I would have stopped bleeding a bit sooner.

My other thought i had this morning is are u taking any hrt? I noticed if I wasn't really consistent with it during that time my bleeding was different.

I completely agree and understand about how u r feeling. At four weeks I felt like I should be able to do things like that. I think it sounds like u r doing what u can to take it easy. It's understandable u don't want to stay completely down at this point.

Please don't stress about the stitch. If that is the problem it was an
Easy fix and really wasn't bad to have removed. And if it is that u will feel better and quickly improve once it's removed!

Try not to stress until u go in to ur appt. with it being red fresh blood and u having a cuff that Is the most logical
Place to me to see where it is coming from.
Unread 01-14-2012, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the replies ladies. I appreciate it.

No, I cannot take any HRT.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register