TVH drive thru surgery? it sure seem like it... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

drive thru surgery? it sure seem like it... drive thru surgery? it sure seem like it...

Unread 01-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Re: drive thru surgery? it sure seem like it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by october1 View Post
Lynne, This is the best and safest place to unload. We are all here to listen and support you. As far as work, sounds like you are loaded down. If you must work...any other moment kick your feet up and rest. The house can be cleaned later. In reality, keep your kitchen clean and your toilets, let the rest go. It may drive you crazy but your body will be thankful. I would definately make an appt to see your family doc. Bring all of your questions and I would personally get an internal exam so you can make sure the vaginal cuff is healed. Maybe when you make the appt they can double the time so you are not rushed out. Hope this helps.
I have an appointment with my pcp on Feb. 9th. I was firm with the nurse and told her I wanted his last appointment of the day on a day when he didn't have afterhours clinic. She blocked 3 slots for me because I told her that quite honestly I had so much to go over with him I wasn't sure an hour would be enough but that if it ran over at least I wouldn't feel as though I was being rushed to get to the next patient. At that point I will be a full 8 weeks post-op. I am getting my hormones checked, cortisone shot in at least one elbow (its been 9 months in one 6 months the other), have my thyroid labs checked and debating having him do a full yearly since I have not had a gyn exam since 2009 when I had my TVT surgery. I also need to talk to him about whether to do a mamogram and colonoscopy since my deductible is paid through March 30th and I have immediate family with the history of breast cancer and three members of my dad's family die of colon cancer one as early as his 30's. Maybe I am overreacting to my hysterectomy but I feel as though I need to do some sort of complete check up and get all systems up and running before I am ready to fully move on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne3001 View Post
I wish I could take some time off but the auditors arrive tomorrow at work, it is basketball tourney season (my second job is as cheer coach) which means that starting tonight I am on the run until the 1st of February. Four game nights a week plus one night a week for my regular job. I will be home tomorrow night but my day starts at 7 and will end at 6. Sunday will be my next day at home which means laundry, house cleaning and bill paying. I am a mess I have had a migraine 5 out of the last 8 days am out of meds and can't get more until the 27th (only one scrip per 30 days) and I just want to cry.

Sorry to unload here but as you can see I am a mess.
Sorry. I understand what you are going through. i went back to working at two jobs and once i started back, life didn't stop again.
the migraines make it so much worse. For you and for others who are dealing with the migraines, think about medicines you are on. Something you are taking could be triggering it. I figured out right before surgery that i was getting daily migraines because of my blood pressure medicine. Since then, i have had 2 headaches (in 7 weeks!!!). this is a record for me. worth a thought at least. Hope this helps.
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:23 PM

Stef, thanks for the advice but I have worked with my doctor for over 6 years trying to identify triggers etc. I have found three medications that work for my migraines and depending upon the situation it determines what I can take. The first is the best, I take it as soon as they start to come on, go home and crawl into bed, bad thing is it is an narcotic pain killer that has strict protocolls for refills and follow ups. The second is an IM injectable pain killer that I rely on when not functioning is not an option. I can usually call the doc, he will see me really quick, we review my schedule for the day and if he agrees I can't miss work get the shot go back to work and survive til I can go home for my best option. The third medicine worked absolute wonders for me. I went to one headache every couple of weeks it was a doozy but I could manage it. I lost a ton of weight because it changed the way everything tasted and I had energy to begin working out. The bad thing was that after a year on it I couldn't focus at work, I was forgetting to complete projects, wouldn't remember to pick up my kids and worse I started to suffer from suicidal ideation. So now I am back to options 1 and 2 it could be worse I had hoped the hyster would fix them because I was convinced I was bothered by fluctuating hormones. Problem is I kept both ovaries so I still get the joy of fluctuating hormones that is if they are still working which is another mystery in my lfe.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register