LSH Anxiety 1 year Post Op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anxiety 1 year Post Op? Anxiety 1 year Post Op?

Unread 01-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Anxiety 1 year Post Op?

I had my surgery in November 2010. The first six months after, things were great, but I still felt like something was amiss. I had a serious relationship that I thought was a promising one, but it turned out that it wasn't. I thought that it was my work situation, so I changed that too, although I still worked for the same company. Immediately after my surgery, I began taking the Vivelle Dot patch, and for the most part I thought that was the way to go. With me only being in my 30s, the last thing I want to do is deal with menopause, while I'm trying to get my life back together. My doctor also had me on lexapro for the anxiety. This past year, has been tough. I started some new hobbies in August and made a lot of new friends. I also, found my life partner and married him. He supports every bit of my crazy, of which there is a lot. I also started online social networking which I have come to realize has contributed to my anxiety, which I feel is very technology related, so I have reduced my use of overly complicated interfaces, cell phones, online networking and texting, approaching life as I am 30 years old in 1988, and connecting with more people. When I get an opportunity to actually connect with people, I'm happy. When I do yoga I'm happy. When I start to feel inadequate, especially with regards to my work or my hobbies and that I can't be everything to everyone, I become anxious and unhappy. If I can bring myself down, then I feel better, such as removing electronic distractions. However I'm still haunted by my worries, the most stressing of course is my current work demands. I have recently discovered that my company does not actually support certain health conditions, and while they advertise sick time, you are *strongly encouraged* to make up the hours. This being said, I have not received a promotion in several years despite my contributions, and my most recent appraisal they chastised me for my excessive amount of *lost time* i.e. *sick time* that I had last year. I am coming off a 5 day weekend due to major oral surgery that my husband had on Thursday, and have racked up another 21 hrs of *lost time* because of my need to care for him, and I'm finding my anxiety has just sky-rocketed, because in order to make up these hours, plus work the 40+ hrs that they require us because of the work load, that I'm just so overwhelmed by not being able to do that, enjoy my new husband, and my hobbies, while still maintaining my health. I'm looking for advice on how I may approach this at work, because lets face it this is an incredibly stressful time in the economy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Re: Anxiety 1 year Post Op?

Sometimes a bad work situation is a bad work situation and nothing can be done - except find a new job. Very hard in this economy right now, I know, but getting a job when you already have one seems to be a lot easier than being unemployed and looking for work.

Your company has a sick leave policy and if you have followed it and been granted the requested leave, then 'punishing' you for using it might be cause for legal action. Requiring you to make up "lost time" can't be legal - can it? The time isn't 'lost', it's a benefit you earned and can not be taken away.

How to deal with it at your place of employment: I guess it would depend on how big the company is and who is applying the pressure to make up 'lost' hours. Is there a separate HR department that can set a job supervisor straight on the rules and remind them that earned benefits are yours to use? Too many variables.

Best of luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register