New, unsuccessful ablation performed today:( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New, unsuccessful ablation performed today:( New, unsuccessful ablation performed today:(

Unread 01-17-2012, 12:29 AM
New, unsuccessful ablation performed today:(

Hi Everyone. I found this site only a few days ago as i was researching the novasure ablation procedure that was attempted on myself this early morning. Everything was going good, the staff were wonderful in making myself and the other woman as comfortable as possible waiting to go into the OR. The gave me an IV with a slight sedation, and froze my cervix and dilated it slightly. Well to our surprise my surgeon tried not once, not twice but 3 times and it would not take. The reason was my uterus measured a 10cm whereas the ultrasound had only measured 9cm. So just to let you know, if you have a large uterus such as myself it will not work. I was discussing this with my surgeon before and said to her that another surgeon commented on my abnormally large uterus at the time of my last c-section. She laughed and said the only reason why i was large is because I was full term pregnant!

When this happened in the OR, I burst into tears, feeling like a circus freak and i cannot tell you the disappointment I was feeling. She booked me in to see her this wednesday to book surgery in March and is putting me at the top of the list so hopefully one day I can return to my normal life!I dont understand, I am a tiny person on the outside, 36 years of age, and now I must have a hysterectomy. I feel so alone!!! I really just want to meet some people that are suffering like me,so that we dont have to suffer in silence! I have had to take a leave from work and now I suppose i will be off for that much longer.

I am so thankful I found this site!
God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2012, 01:53 AM
Re: New, unsuccessful ablation performed today:( and I posted in the wrong section!

Hi Ninjaqueen!
I'm 4 1/2 months post op from an emergency TAH due to Stage IV Endo, ovarian cysts, and fibroids. You're not alone and everyone on this forum is extremely nice and helpful. You've come to the right place.
((hugs))
Unread 01-17-2012, 03:04 AM
Re: New, unsuccessful ablation performed today:( and I posted in the wrong section!

Hi Funky,

Thank you for your welcoming me. I have quite the history myself as I see most of us here do. I wish someone could wave a magic wand and make each and every one of us better! Healthy, and pain free. On the other hand, I suppose if we didnt go through these tragic events, we would not be who we are today! Ive been thinking alot about my procedure being unsuccessful today, and you know, I think everything happens for a reason. I may not know why, but i should just have faith and trust that God knows why, and that is ok with me. Also, I have been praying hard for acceptance! I am not a bible thumper by any stretch, I think of myself as more spiritual, but I do believe in God, I have to. Thank you for your kind words. Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2012, 04:46 AM
Re: New, unsuccessful ablation performed today:(

So sorry you had to go through that. I personally skipped the option of abalation because i plan to return to Rwanda in April and am going into the missionary field in Ethiopia in October. I can not be experiencing the symptoms i am now in a third and fourth world country! And at thia point, i do not have time to try all these other things. I am unmarried and have no kids of my own. Although i do have thouands of African orphans who are as near and dear to my heart as any child i could carry would be. I sometimes think i al glad i have not carried my own, as to me i dont have anything to compare too when it comes to the orphans. There is no "I love these kids but i have a deeper bond with my biological kids." And for me, that is Gods will and i am more than alright with it. Some are called to singleness, and im finw with it. Otherwise i wouldnt have these amazing bonds with these kids in Africa!

All that being said. Thats me and my situation! Praying for discernment for you, and for peace, wisdom of the drs.

You are NOT a freak. You are perfect, knit together by hand of God. His workmanship!

Tina
Unread 01-17-2012, 05:16 AM
New, unsuccessful ablation performed today:(

I know you must be very frustrated at the moment but it could actually be working out for the best. I had the novasure about this time last year, for 2 months everything seemed ok but then my periods returned with a vengence, I then had to return to taking meds which I hated and was back to appointments with gynae, the constant on off aches and cramps plus was on a waiting list for hysterectomy. Now a year later I am 11 days post op and know that I will never be plagued with it again (I had endo & pcos) so in short all the novasure did was prolong the agony! Hang in there and remember that even if you had gotten the novasure it may not have been successful!
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:37 AM

I had an ablation in Oct. Had SAH in Dec. It turned out I had adenomyosis, a small pocket of it undetected before, but enough to cause me to bleed almost constantly following the ablation. Initial recovery from the ablation looked good, then it all came undone. I also burst into tears when I found out I had to go ahead with the hysterectomy. The reason for the first surgery and ablation was to avoid the hysterectomy. But once I wrapped my head around it and quickly made plans, I only had ten days, I embraced it. It is going to be so nice to get my life back.

Best to you in your continued journey.
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:30 PM

Hi Ninjaqueen
I too had an endometrial ablation that didn't work. The reason (I believe) was that my uterus was too small and the balloon didn't inflate sufficiently to cauterise the endometrium. When my surgeon came to see me in recovery, he said they almost didn't go ahead with the procedure because the uterus was too small, but went ahead because I was prepped!
Now I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy on Feb 8th and already I've changed my mind several times as to whether or not to have it. I am hoping that all will go well and that it will be the end of my problems.
I'm sure once we've had our hysterectomy's, given time we will get back to normal. Don't worry about taking time off work, your health comes first and you'll probably be surprised by how well they cope without you.
Best of luck.
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:16 PM

Hi Ninjaqueen,
My doctor offered me an ablation as an alternative to try first before we considered hyst, i denied it straight away went for hyst.....i had my math straight...my uterus was bi corneate (heart Shaped) and i had fibro+adeno to add all it was already enlarged there were high chances of the balloon not reaching all of my uterus ...so..it made things easier for me to decide it had been 6 long years of suffering at 38 i finally am at the other side.....faith is what sailed me thru.....there is light at the end of every tunnel....all the best for your next appointment.May i suggest to do your research select the best option and ask for it, all the best.
Cheers

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register