Hysterectomy at 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy at 24 Hysterectomy at 24

Unread 01-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Hysterectomy at 24

Hello i am writing to see if any one had to have a Hysterectomy do to PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) i am only 24 and i been told i cant have kids and i want them so bad i have tryed everything to control the PCOS and nothing has worked so all i have left to do is a Hysterectomy and i am scared i am woulding if any one has had the same issuse as me. I had just took the lepron shot to go ahead and start the menopuse i am suppose to have surgery sometime in March Or April.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Re: Hysterectomy at 24

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. It isn't an easy thing to hear that you have to have a hysterectomy. I personally did not have PCOS, but I do know what it is like to have a hysterectomy at a young age, and without children. It is not an easy thing to go through, but just know that you are not alone!

Have you gotten a second opinion? It is always wise to get a second opinion, or a third, or a fourth to make SURE that this is what is right for you!!!

If this truly is your last option, just know that you are not alone, and there are many sisters here that have been in your shoes and we are here to help. It will be an emotional time for you, but lean on us and your friends and family to get your through it.

You can also try doing a search for PCOS here on the site and it will pop up older threads about this, maybe you can get some insight from one of our sisters who has/had this.

Again, I'm so sorry that you are going through this, but you really did find a wonderful place for support and information. I want to wish you the best of luck in your upcoming journey.

Sending positive thoughts and :
Unread 01-17-2012, 11:43 AM

Thank you for your reply i have had many opions i have also tryed many of things i have did the metformin 2000mgs a day nora b BC nuva ring marina 2 and the fellout 2wks after having them put in each time i have tryed the patch we have came to no more options my period are so heavy i have to use depends and there is times i bleed for 2wks at a time and some times dont get my periods i get really bad cyst on my overies and they are super pain full my last cyst was 5.5cm i am just glad to of found this site. and thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2012, 11:53 AM

That's what I'm here for. It does sound like you have tried many different alternatives. I'm still so sorry that you have to go through this.

As I said before, you have come to the right place for support. There are so many wonderful women here that can help in so many different ways. I hope you have a look around the site, and feel free to post as often as you need.

to you!
Unread 01-17-2012, 12:22 PM

I am sorry to hear about this. I am 25 and having my hysterectomy next week on the 24th. If you need someone to talk to feel free to post.
Unread 01-18-2012, 06:03 PM

Hi. I am also 24 and having my hysterectomy Friday. It is very upsetting to be this young and have life-altering surgery. I just keep thinking that I will soon be on the road to recovery. Less pain, no bleeding, etc. I do not have PCOS. I have endometriosis and other complications I won't go into here. I took hormones for 2 years..did multiple laps to remove endo..and not responding to any other treatments anymore. We decided this is the best option now. I am glad to meet others 25 and under going through the same things.
Unread 01-18-2012, 08:24 PM

I am 27 and and 12 wks post op total adominal hysterectomy. I tried various surgergies pills etc nothing worked and was left with no other opition as didnt want to b in pain and bleed constanly anymore. I am upset that cannot have more chrildren but in the end its life changing to go on and do things you could not do before. X
Unread 01-18-2012, 09:30 PM

I'm 23...won't be 24 until April. My surgery is scheduled for Feb 1. I have mild PCOS, but my hyster is for endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain, painful sex, and possible adenomyosis. I know that pain that you are going through. I have spent nearly 7 years going through hormone treatments, multiple surgeries, different BC...i never thought I would see an end to it. I am lucky to have 1 son. The surgery terrifies me, but i am looking forward to getting rid of my pain.
Unread 01-18-2012, 09:55 PM

thanks everyone i am glad to know i am not alone at this age on this i wanted my own baby but god has other plans for me so i wish everyone the best of luck
Unread 01-19-2012, 08:44 AM

**children mentioned**

Hi Silver! I'm 26 and having my hysterectomy in Feb. I do have PCOS but that is not why I am having the surgery. I've had PCOS for 7 years now and a hysterectomy has never once been mentioned to me as treatment. I brought it up to my gyno but it was explained to me that while a hysterectomy would get rid of painful cramps that I get from Endometriosis, it would not solve PCOS since PCOS is a metabolic disorder. Removing your ovaries will keep you from having cysts, but it will not fix the remaining issues with the syndrome such as hair growth, weight gain and acne.

I would definitely seek a 2nd opinion before you do such a life changing surgery...preferably with a Reproductive Endrocrinologist. If PCOS is your only issue, I think it's a little preemptive to say that you will not be able to have children. It took us 5 years and 3 rounds IVF, but I was able to finally have children. I have PCOS, Endometriosis and my husband has severe male factor infertility so trying naturally only gave us a 1% chance, but I was never told that it was impossible. There are several less invasive treatments that you can try beside IVF as well.

I don't know if you've found this website, but pcoscommunity.com is a great site for information and support with PCOS.

Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register